Unmute cordless handset

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Unmute cordless handset

Post by Dave Davison »

................Cordless handset internal ringer was muted / now solved.... :cheers:

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Unmute cordless handset

Post by John Gray »

So your point is moot, then!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I assume that Dave asked a question, then edited it when he solved the problem without our assistance...
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I guessed that too - but the pun still applies! :rofl:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

The instruction leaflet that came with the phone set has very limited and basic instructions (quite inadequate to say the least) so I did a search on-line and downloaded the complete PDF version from which I discovered the key to press to inlock the handset. Seems Mr Nobody hit the said key which toggles between on / off so -as we say up north - back cooking with gas. Cheers Dave.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I suppose you could have used Google search on your phone to find out which key would unlock the phone.

Oh...
John Gray

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi John, I suppose by you suggesting I could have used my phone to do a Google search you mean my mobile! My mobile is so ancient it only sends & receives calls and text messages & I personally have no need for a mobile with internet access besides,neither can I afford one. [Brief gripe] Yesterday I had to wait in for a plumber to call so I decided to take the handset in to the garden and -not being sure how far the signal would transmit - I decided to use my mobile to phone to test the distance. Not intending to pick up the handset I just let it ring a couple of times then cancelled the call BUT -for some unexplainable reason the answerphone kicked in as I was terminating the call and I later discovered that for those few seconds, Virgin media deducted 25P from my air time ballance.

No wonder Branson has his own private island and can waste millions trying to develope a plane that will shuttle super rich folk into space just for the fun of it. Cheers Dave.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I feel your pain, but Richard Branson has sold all these businesses and only the name and image remain (if at all...).
John Gray

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

............well one learns something new every day; didn't know that John. No doubt this shrewd businessman made a packet out of his ventures - like Lord Sugar, it's guys like this who should be in numbers 10 & 11 Downings Street "Me thinks." Cheers Dave.