Minor Lounge Updates

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Minor Lounge Updates

Post by John Gray »

We will be making some minor changes to the lounge software next Weekend (22-23 Jan 2011). This should have no impact at all on users, but if you notice any problems then please post a message in our Lounge Matters forum and we will respond as quickly as we can. Stuart
Will this include the long-awaited "Mark all posts as read" function, so necessary for those of us who always employ "View new posts"?

If so - goody!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Leif
Administrator

Re: Minor Lounge Updates

Post by Leif »

Viewing the 'Board Index', I find clicking on the 'Mark forums read' link works quite well...
x.jpg
...and has done so for quite some time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

John Gray wrote:...
Will this include the long-awaited "Mark all posts as read" function, so necessary for those of us who always employ "View new posts"?
John,

If we get this right then you will see NO CHANGE AT ALL, unless you are one of the strangely named spammers who is trying to contribute to the lounge with alarming frequency.
StuartR

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Leif wrote:Viewing the 'Board Index', I find clicking on the 'Mark forums read' link works quite well...
x.jpg
...and has done so for quite some time.
This is very true - but surely the typical user would prefer to click just one field instead of two? And have wished for this for quite some time...

Stuart: I am not strangely named AFAIAA...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

John Gray wrote:And have wished for this for quite some time...
And for quite some time, I think you will find that Hans' first and second replies to the OP in Wish List has applied.
Leif