menu bar

sciencemagic
StarLounger

menu bar

Post by sciencemagic »

My menu bar just recently is now greyed out, and therefore I can't access any of the links on it, file,edit,view,favorites, tools and help. I don't recall doing anything to perpetrate this action. How do I resolve this problem and get the menu bar to show black again so I can use it? Hoping someone can help. Thank you.

HansV
Administrator

Re: menu bar

Post by HansV »

Which menu bar is this? In which application?
Best wishes,
Hans

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

From the Menu Bar selections which you have outlined, I assume you are talking about Internet Explorer. Simply right-click in an empty area of the IE screen (above the "back" and "forward" arrows for example) and make sure that "Menu Bar" is checked. Hopefully this will work for you.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

sciencemagic
StarLounger

Post by sciencemagic »

Rebel,

Thank you for your reply. I already tried your suggestion Rebel, to no affect. The menu bar is being shown in IE, and normally it is in black. But, in the last few days and not all the time, it appears in grey and I can not navigate any of the links within it at all. I have no idea as to why this has started to happen now? Again, the menu bar is shown in IE and the links within it are shown: file,edit,view,favorites,tools and help, but it will not work, and when this happens the print within the menu bar appears grey. Any idea what is going on?

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Go to Control Panel, Internet Options. Advance tab, there at the bottom click "Reset" to reset the IE settings.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

sciencemagic
StarLounger

Post by sciencemagic »

DaveA,

Thank you for your reply. Next time the situation comes up with the menu bar being greyed out and not be workable, I will use your suggestion, DaveA and see what happens. Thank you again for your input, and I will let you know if it works.