Sending Page Difficulty

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Sending Page Difficulty

Post by Gloria E »

Using iE9, I wanted to send a webpage. Clicking Send page by e-mail and Send Link by e-mail are grayed out. The only thing usable was the Send Shortcut to Desktop.

I tried other web pages and repeated the task but the same thing occurred, no send anything under File > Send.

How do I fix this? :scratch:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sending Page Difficulty

Post by HansV »

Which e-mail client is set as your default e-mail program at the moment?
Best wishes,
Hans

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

Gloria E wrote:Using iE9, I wanted to send a webpage. Clicking Send page by e-mail and Send Link by e-mail are grayed out. The only thing usable was the Send Shortcut to Desktop
May I suggest? In the IE9 menu click File and in the dropdown menu check that `Work Offline' is not ticked. If it is ticked then untick it.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Many email programs and protection programs, have been known to block the use of Send Page.

I have since day one just copied and pasted the url into the body of a email and never had it fail.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

DaveA wrote:Many email programs and protection programs, have been known to block the use of Send Page.

I have since day one just copied and pasted the url into the body of a email and never had it fail.
The option was available yesterday, I know because I used it. Is there a fix for this problem?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

MalcolmWalker wrote:
Gloria E wrote:Using iE9, I wanted to send a webpage. Clicking Send page by e-mail and Send Link by e-mail are grayed out. The only thing usable was the Send Shortcut to Desktop
May I suggest? In the IE9 menu click File and in the dropdown menu check that `Work Offline' is not ticked. If it is ticked then untick it.
Work Offline is not checked. Any more suggestions?

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Which e-mail client is set as your default e-mail program at the moment?
I'm using Windows Live Mail 2011. It's the only e-mail client I've used since day one on this computer.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In Windows, click the Start button, then Default Programs.

If you don't see this option, click Control Panel.
If you show Control Panel in Category view, click Programs, then Default Programs.
If you show Control Panel in Small Icons or Large Icons view, click Default Programs.

Next, click 'Set program access and computer defaults'.
Click to expand Custom.
Under 'Choose a default e-mail program', select Windows Live Mail, and make sure that the check box 'Enable access to this program' to the right of it is ticked.
Click OK.
Email.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:In Windows, click the Start button, then Default Programs.

If you don't see this option, click Control Panel.
If you show Control Panel in Category view, click Programs, then Default Programs.
If you show Control Panel in Small Icons or Large Icons view, click Default Programs.

Next, click 'Set program access and computer defaults'.
Click to expand Custom.
Under 'Choose a default e-mail program', select Windows Live Mail, and make sure that the check box 'Enable access to this program' to the right of it is ticked.
Click OK.
Email.png
Yesterday I decided to try Microsoft's Fix It program. I'm glad I did because Send Page by e-mail and Send link by e-mail is now available in IE 9. The Fix the problem number used was Microsoft Fixit 50157. :fanfare: :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who attempted to help me fix my problem, it really was appreciated.