Windows 11 Restore Points

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Windows 11 Restore Points

Post by hlewton »

I have tried twice, for various reasons, to run a Restore Point and each time it failed to complete the restore. When starting it running I did not choose the recommended restore point, I choose one a little earlier, one I created manually. This is a brand new installation and machine so what could be causing the restore to not finish completely. I do not remember the exact words in the dialog box that appeared when it said it was unsuccessful but it wanted to run again with a restore point it choose. I did not let it run again.
Regards,
hlewton

Leif
Administrator

Re: Windows 11 Restore Points

Post by Leif »

hlewton wrote:
10 May 2022, 20:24
I do not remember the exact words in the dialog box that appeared when it said it was unsuccessful...
... so what could be causing the restore to not finish completely.
I suspect the reason may have been given in the dialog box - it's going to be pretty difficult for anyone else to guess!

You could try some of the suggestions here: Fix System Restore error 0x81000204 on Windows 11/10
Leif

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Windows 11 Restore Points

Post by hlewton »

Leif wrote:
11 May 2022, 06:39
hlewton wrote:
10 May 2022, 20:24
I do not remember the exact words in the dialog box that appeared when it said it was unsuccessful...
... so what could be causing the restore to not finish completely.
I suspect the reason may have been given in the dialog box - it's going to be pretty difficult for anyone else to guess!

You could try some of the suggestions here: Fix System Restore error 0x81000204 on Windows 11/10
Thank you very much and if or when it happens again, I will take a screenshot of the dialog box.
Regards,
hlewton