Simulation of an IBM S/360 Model 50

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Simulation of an IBM S/360 Model 50

Post by John Gray »

Possibly something to keep Chris involved/busy/quiet for quite some time?! :please: :joy:
Hardware boffin is building a simulation of an entire IBM S/360 Model 50 mainframe
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Simulation of an IBM S/360 Model 50

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 11:29
Possibly something to keep Chris involved/busy/quiet for quite some time?! :please: :joy:
Hardware boffin is building a simulation of an entire IBM S/360 Model 50 mainframe
John, Thank you for this.
I was looking for something to round out my script program for this new year while I waited for San Nicklaus(1) to return.

I have slotted the IBM 360/50 immediately after my:-
(1) Turing Machine interpreter
(2) Single-Instruction simulator
(3) GEORGE III simulator
(4) ICL 1900 executive simulator

No promises through. I topped my class at AIS Wollongong in Assembler 360, but it was on a 360/30.

Funny, though. This morning I hauled out my ICL 1900 PLAN reference manual to steal/imitate their format for documenting machine instructions. It was good back then, and now is being recycled for my documentation of Audacity 3.1.3 macros.

What a wonderful world some of us live in!

(1)I recommend staring at 5m48s
This recording at 5m39s is not much better, but I am pressed for time right now. Foodland is open and Joan will be on duty today ...

Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle