View code

bknight
BronzeLounger

View code

Post by bknight »

It has been far too long to view codes on my Dbs, that being said I have a Db when opening, a form opens, all well and good, except the path is incorrect to link a spreadsheet, new HD and all. So where do I view the code that is executed so I may change the path?

bknight
BronzeLounger

Re: View code

Post by bknight »

Where the command is to load a specific form is still unknown, but all is linked good.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If the form opens automatically when you open the database, look at File > Options > Current Database, and inspect the Display Form dropdown.

S1011.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

OK, Thanks

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

This may or may not be a stupid question. This thread was initiated because of an error message that the file could not be found. Well the HD is different, so I "found" it and "found" were in the Db it was linked and changed to the new link. Since the form is loaded at startup, I shut down the Db and restarted after correcting the link. Guess what? Nothing worked, so I deleted the linked worksheets and re-linked them. Everything worked yesterday after doing all that work.

Today I get an error message to input all of the manually input items in the Sql statement. So, I again deleted the linked table and then re linked them, just like I did yesterday. All is well the forms ran without error and I'm happy but perplexed.
Can you explain the behavior I was today i.e. the query can't "find" the items but after re-linking the spreadsheets it "finds" them? Remembering all that worked yesterday.

Code: Select all

SELECT Sheet1.[Ex Date] AS [Next Ext Date], Sheet1.Symbol, Sheet1.Company, Sheet1.Dividend, Sheet1.[Pay Date] AS [Next Pay Date], Sheet2.[Dividend Yield] AS Yield, Sheet3.Volume AS [Avg Vol]
FROM (Sheet3 LEFT JOIN Sheet2 ON Sheet3.Symbol = Sheet2.[Symbol]) LEFT JOIN Sheet1 ON Sheet2.[Symbol] = Sheet1.Symbol
WHERE (((Sheet1.[Ex Date])>Now() And (Sheet1.[Ex Date]) Is Not Null) AND ((Sheet2.[Dividend Yield])>0.03) AND ((InStr(1,[Sheet2].[Company Name],"ADR",1))="0"))
ORDER BY Sheet1.[Ex Date], Sheet1.Symbol;

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Has the content of the worksheets been changed in between?
Best wishes,
Hans

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

Only pieces like from tomorrow's date until 7 Jan 22. But not header changes, just data on Sheet1 daily.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid I cannot explain it, sorry...
Best wishes,
Hans

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

That's exactly why I'm perplexed, it doesn't make sense.
Thanks anyway.