Android Outlook questions and problems

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Android Outlook questions and problems

Post by ErikJan »

I'm a registered MS365 user but it seems that for Android (and probably iOS) there's only one version of Outlook which is the free one. Is that correct?

Assuming that's correct then I'd like to add an email account as POP3 to Outlook. Where this works in Windows, I can't get this working on Android. If Outlook has no account, all it does is ask for email and password and even if I enable 'advanced settings', an iMap setup is created.
AFTER I have at least one account, it seems possible to do the same and then I do see POP3 (but can't get it to work yet). May plan would be to install the first (as iMap) and then the second as POP3. Then delete the first but it feels odd...
Anyone who can help me a bit here?

(and yes, I like POP3, I know it's old ;-))

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Android Outlook questions and problems

Post by JoeP »

According to Set up a POP email account in Outlook for iOS or Android Outlook for Android does not support POP3. There is a workaround in the article.
Joe

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Thanks. Any alternative good email apps for Android that support POP3? I have a Samsung and there's a good email app there. My question was for a Sony, they dropped their Gallery and their email app...

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Here are two different opinions - best email apps for android 2021 and 10 best email apps for android 2012.

I use Outlook and connect to Exchange-based email only so I have no real opinion about these apps.
Joe

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Thanks