QAT gone after Office update

StuartR
Administrator

QAT gone after Office update

Post by StuartR »

The latest OFfice 365 update caused the quick access toolbars to disappear from all my Outlook windows.

I managed to restore them by right clicking on the menu, but then I had to reconfigure them as they had all been reset to their default icons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Re: QAT gone after Office update

Post by HansV »

Microsoft appears to have messed up the latest update. There are lots of complaints about arbitrarily changed settings - in my Excel (in Office 2021), the Office Theme was changed from Colorful to White, and the QAT was displayed below the ribbon instead of above.
Best wishes,
Hans

kdock
5StarLounger

Post by kdock »

In Word, my QAT items were all displayed with both the icon and the label of the feature or the macros it runs. I could no longer see all the icons on my QAT.

I found this checkbox in File>Options>Quick Access Toolbar to "Always show command labels" checked by default.
Always show command labels.jpg

I wonder how many people just freaked out rather than looking for a checkbox they didn't know was there?

I did send them a stern message and a frowny face from Word's Home page. Disturbingly, the happy and sad faces are only on the Home and other esrtwhile Backstage pages, so any desires one might have to send Microsoft a screenshot of a problem with the program itself are immediately foiled by their stupid and/or cunning design of this feature.

Kim :hairout:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hmm. What does this button do?" Said everyone before being ejected from a car, blown up, or deleting all the data from the mainframe.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't know what the Office developers had been smoking before this update. Oodles of complaints on the Microsoft forums!
Best wishes,
Hans