Windows 11 has been officially released

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Windows 11 has been officially released

Post by RonH »

Well, W11 is now offered to my laptop.
Having read the above comments, I can only conclude that W11 maybe a retrograde step, apart perhaps from its security aspects. So what to do? One of my concerns is that maybe some of my many non-Microsoft apps (for video, greeting card editing etc) may not function correctly, if at all. When Microsoft state 'Windows 11 Ready' does this cover such apps or only the specifics of Windows such as processor. :scratch:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

'Windows 11 Ready' only covers your system hardware, not the applications you have installed.
But the difference between Windows 10 and 11 is not large, I doubt that applications that run on Windows 10 would fail on Windows 11.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I thought that might be the case regards system hardware. Think I will hold off installing W11 for the time being as W10 is quite OK as is.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

FWIW, All the programs that I had on WIn10 run fine on Win11. The ones to be particularly careful of are third-party A/V programs or suites. Check for an update for those before upgrading.

As is always the case with a major upgrade, make a complete system backup before beginning the upgrade.
Joe

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Joe.
All my A/V are OK on W10, work well with some no longer update possible due to age.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.