Zucchini Recipes for OMG

BobH
UraniumLounger

Zucchini Recipes for OMG

Post by BobH »

Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Zucchini Recipes for OMG

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 21:30
Tomato Zucchini Casserole
Carrot Zucchini Casserole
Bob, thanks for these recipes; they have inspired me to rethink the curbing of my cucurbit habits.
20210826_084815_HDR [800x600].jpg
This is the heart-rending view from within the shed as i worked on my wind-turbine mast-mobility pulley-system yesterday.
Whatever is in the southern bed (nearest the shed) is threatening to block out the light to the shed. The beetroot, onions, radishes etc have already been swallowed whole before I could get to weed around them.
The various types of Jerusalem Artichokes were measured again yesterday by David at well over seven feet. They now block the view of my shed from my bedroom window. David tried to show Mervyn (two doors down) how tall the artichokes were but pulled a muscle in his shoulder; David like me is only 5'6" tall.
20210826_084834_HDR [800x600].jpg
The pathway between the beds and the shed is daily overrun with cursed cucurbits, even though I wheelbarrow back-and-forth over the vines daily. The track of the wheelbarrow wheel can be see at the left-hand edge of the lawn, It is a bit of a toss-up as to whether the wheel can crush the vines or the vines will derail the barrow into the side of the shed. Even the hose system has been having second thoughts about venturing into the grassy areas.
20210818_192242 [800x600].jpg
Things have changed since I took this photo a week or so ago. The pumpkin plants which have sprung from this year's grass clippings dump - the excavated second driveway is a source of joy for two grass-mowing contracting businesses in town - have grown and spread some more. It is a little-known fact that cucurbits are cannibalistic, for these three or four plants reach out and smother any seedling that lifts its plumule after a rain-shower.
Even the nasturtiums from seeds (on special down to Durdles) which I tossed onto my crocus rockery are sending vines hither, thither, and yon (fade out zither music). These seem to be threatening to some locals: A couple of teenage girls seemed reluctant to approach the book bin, even though Darcy and I were standing quite close to the book bin. Perhaps they too had to read John Wyndham in High School English.

But anyway, those recipes: made me think! I am wondering if I could use a rotor-tiller to pulverize in-bed zucchini, squash, pumpkin and cucumber with the right balance of in-bed onions, beetroot and radish and then bag the mixture in freezer-bags. Sounds crazy to some people, but it would give me something to think about as I wait with eager anticipation for next spring.

Winter is setting in here; we are back to 15c-18c for the coming week. Sigh. (The unbearable heat of summer is supposed to be around 29c).
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ChrisGreaves on 29 Jun 2022, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Always willing to help and occasionally, inspire. :grin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:33
Always willing to help and occasionally, inspire. :grin:
Great.
Five a.m. tomorrow then.
I'll put on the coffee.
Bring your slasher and a sharp axe ...
Cheers
Chris

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Do I need body armor? (or armour for you Aussies)
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 17:59
Do I need body armor? (or armour for you Aussies)
2021_20210827_112337 [800x600].jpg
No, Not at all. If things get tough, I paid Reg Fleming about $20 to sharpen the blades on the old mower. You might stop off and buy a can of gas on the way.
You can NOT park the rental car in the second driveway; we all subscribe to the theory that it is a bit boggy underneath the top layer of sun-dried grass clippings.
Park in the sealed driveway, east of the house, but steer clear of the rocks that are too large for me to move right now.
P.S. If I remember, I'll move the funicular railway off the guest bed before retiring. :snore:
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 21:30
Tomato Zucchini Casserole
Hi Bob.
After this year's disastrous zucchini crop (well it can't have been disastrous because it didn't exist) I have decided to switch to courgettes next year, mainly on account of this Way Out West recipe; also Sandra's delightful accent.
Cheers
Chris

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Are you also replacing your eggplants with aubergine? And cilantro with coriander?
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Interestingly enough - well, just about anything about foodstuffs is interesting to Chris - if you misspell his W3W location...

Fusarium Venenatum.jpg
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

:laugh:
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 14:50
Are you also replacing your eggplants with aubergine? And cilantro with coriander?
Easy, old fella!
This is Bonavista.
Dianne used to supply me with duck eggs and hen eggs in 2019, but she stopped growing them. My guess is that her egg-plants died.
Cilantro no longer works at Swyers; her post has been taken by Madison, sweet young thing.
I would have told you all about Madison's delightful smile, but we don't have a gardening conference.
Yet.
Cheers
Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Leif wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 15:22
Interestingly enough - well, just about anything about foodstuffs is interesting to Chris - if you misspell his W3W location...
Hmmm. Right now I am typing in my study, so "issued.nominal.lipless" is not only more correct, but appropriate too.
Half an hour ago I was wearing my pinafore and painting my collection of golf balls in my shed: possessing.apron.recharging (see comments above)
To avoid the :snow: I went exploring by What Three Words, and found that the supermarket trolley with ripe fruit is located at "gagging.flattering.environment", which is appropriate, for it is from that trolley that I collect au point tomatoes, placed there by La Bella Donna, as I call her.
Cheers
Chris