AdBlock for Firefox on SmartTV

BobH
UraniumLounger

AdBlock for Firefox on SmartTV

Post by BobH »

Due to a spinal disc bulge impinging the sciatic nerve, my mobility is, temporarily, curtailed. I cannot sit at my desk and surf instead with my iPad and my SmartTV. I’m using Firefox on my SmartTV and browsing YouTube. I cannot figure out how to block ads. (It might be pain med fog causing the interference.)

Can anyone tell me if there is Adblock for the SmartTV Firefox app? . . . And how to install and use it?
The
:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: AdBlock for Firefox on SmartTV

Post by stuck »

I don't have anything 'smart' but as far as I can see from a few quick Google searches, Firefox on Android behaves much the same as FF on Windows and you can install advert blocking addons. The process is just the same:
In FF, click on the options / 'hamburger' icon in the top right
then click on 'Add-ons'
use the search bar to find the add-on you want, to block ads I'd recomend 'uBlock Origin'

Ken

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

I fully agree with Ken's recommendation. I use uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus and Poper Blocker all together in Google Chrome. If any site insists in showing ads to let me in after I blocked them I add that site to my blocked sites, result: annoyances gone.
Cheers, Claude.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Claude wrote:...I use uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus and Poper Blocker all together in Google Chrome...
Really? I thought running multiple adblockers was like running multiple anti-virus apps, Not A Good ThingTM

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

From things I've read on the web, the Samsung SmartTV I have runs an os called Tizen. I've also read that AdBlock does not run as an app on Tizen. From my experience, I cannot access add-ons when running the Firefox app on the SmartTV.

If anyone has done this successfully, I'd appreciate knowing how you did it.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

stuck wrote:Really? I thought running multiple adblockers was like running multiple anti-virus apps, Not A Good ThingTM
Ken
There were some ads (forgotten by now which ones) sneaking past just one blocker, hence I use multiples. As there is no noticeable speed degradation I leave them all active.
Cheers, Claude.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Claude wrote:...As there is no noticeable speed degradation I leave them all active.
Well I never, you learn something everyday.

Ken