"Saved to this PC" has gone missing

Amelia43
StarLounger

"Saved to this PC" has gone missing

Post by Amelia43 »

When I click "save" in Word or Excel, I used to see "saved to this PC" at the upper border of the screen. This has disappeared since a recent online repair of Office 365. Has this feature disappeared in an updated version? Can I restore this reassuring function? I am not saving Office files to OneDrive.
Many thanks for your advice.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: "Saved to this PC" has gone missing

Post by Rudi »

I have the latest version of Office 365 (v.1811) and it now says "Saved" (if saved to the local hard drive).
(I do recall seeing, "saved to this PC" in the past!)

Saving to other locations provides more detail (as can be seen in the images below), but I could not recreate the "saved to this PC" prompt!
20181129_994-vert.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »

Thank you for the quick response, Rudi. I have Office 365 ProPlus, version 1803, build 9126.2315. I don't receive the "Saved" notification. Not a major problem, but knowing for certain that the file was saved was reassuring. The files do save to the hard drive.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Amelia43 wrote:...I have Office 365 ProPlus, version 1803, build 9126.2315. I don't receive the "Saved" notification...
I can't remember when this feature first appeared but I know it wasn't in version 1709 because a recent rebuild of my machine initially rolled me back to 1709 and it wasn't in that version but the next day when an update kicked in and I got version 1805, it reappeared.

In other words, check for updates (or get your IT dept to do an update) to get your installation up to the latest version (1811) and the feature will be restored.

Ken

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I noticed this evening while working in Word that Word uses the phrase, "saved to this PC".
Seems it's Excel that just mentions the word "saved".
20181129_998.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »

Thank you Ken and Rudi. I note that "updates are automatically downloaded and installed." I checked for an update from within Excel, and was informed that I have the the most recent version! The mysteries of Microsoft programs are beyond my understanding........... :sad:

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I do NOT ever recall seeing this.
But, I do not have my system to save to the cloud in any manner.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

DaveA wrote:I do NOT ever recall seeing this.
But, I do not have my system to save to the cloud in any manner.
But do you have Office 365? This feature is not in my standalone Office ProPlus 2016 that I have at home and it wasn't in the first versionson of Office 365 at work. It appeared in either the April or May 2018 monthly update to Office 365.

Ken

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Yes, and have had for several years
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living