Chrome extension

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Chrome extension

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

Is it safe If we download any extension from chrome web store. How we could assure they are not collecting our personal information's. I want to set the password for chrome. Is there any another way to lock the chrome. Because i signed in my google account. If i give my system to someone for a while they could access my mail also. At the same time i don't want to Log off and sign in again again. So i tried to add extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nank?hl=en In this case developer said that he is not collecting any users personal data's. Is google chrome ensure this that he is not collecting any datas?

Is any another best way to lock the chrome. Kindly tell me please.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Chrome extension

Post by DaveA »

BUT, Google is collecting data, by you using Chrome. It must do this in order to be able to suggest all of those place to go and what you like to see.
So why worry about any add in that can get the data from Google.

The major reason I do not used Chrome or even allow it to be installed on my systems.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

I have many sites I log into, each one has a different identity, some parts of them are true.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

DaveA wrote:BUT, Google is collecting data, by you using Chrome. It must do this in order to be able to suggest all of those place to go and what you like to see.
So why worry about any add in that can get the data from Google.

The major reason I do not used Chrome or even allow it to be installed on my systems.

Yes sir you are right sir. Why sir they are collecting all information's from users. This is wrong. isn't sir? Now what to do sir. May i know what kind of browser you are using or safe?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Companies try to gather personal information to make money...

You could use Firefox; it collects fewer personal data than Chrome.
And you could use DuckDuckGo as search engine instead of Google.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

You can also use a number of Firefox extensions to help preserve your privacy. I currently have these installed, and I am sure that other loungers can recommend more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR