Soundcloud problem - Windows related?

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Soundcloud problem - Windows related?

Post by Diana van den Berg »

In the poetry forum that I post poetry to, they have a Soundcloud icon. If one wants to attach something from Soundcloud, one clicks on that icon and it produces the URL thingies in between which one pastes the Soundcloud link.

Before they updated the forum, I couldn’t do this successfully if I was in the forum via Internet Explorer. However, I could, if I was in the forum via Google Chrome.

After they updated the forum, I was suddenly able (for a few days) to do so via Internet Explorer, but not Google Chrome.

I told 1 of the 2 co-owners who are extremely nice and co-operative. He tried multiple things for ages and eventually got it so that I could do so via Google Chrome, but then I couldn’t via Internet Explorer.

Nobody had a problem with clicking on it and hearing the recording.

I was happy to live with that and I posted quite a few poems with Soundcloud links.

However, suddenly when I posted another poem, and added the Soundcloud recording yesterday, the Soundcloud bar in the thread of my poem, didn’t work. I left it because I thought that maybe it was just not showing for me. However, others can’t use it either. The Soundcloud bar is empty for them too.

The Soundcloud bar in all my other poems is working fine. That suggests to me that the problem was in my adding the link, and therefore on my computer.

My recordings are important to me, and very popular.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do – or ask the co-owners to do?

Do you think that it may have something to do with updates of mine? Or Soundcloud itself? Or the code in the forum? – which as far as I know, they haven’t changed, because they spent so many hours on trying, that once it was working for me, I just KNOW that they wouldn’t have changed it.

Thank you in anticipation

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Soundcloud problem - Windows related?

Post by stuck »

I'm not sure that this post is about Windows XP. It appears to be more about Web development.

Perhaps an Admin can move it to a better home?

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Ken,

Thanks for being observant. Since Diana asks whether the problem is Windows-related, we'll leave the thread here for now. If there are no suggestions for a solution, we may move it to Web Development.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

OK then my best guess goes like this...

If Diana is using XP then the most up to date version of IE she can use is IE 8. That is probably her problem. I know from experience at work that IE 8 is now so old that it frequently doesn't cope with the javascript on up to date websites. I regularly have to gently explain to our customers that it's not our website that's broken it's because they are still using IE 8.

Current versions of FF or Google Chrome still happily run on XP so if upgrading to Win 7 or 8 and thus run the current version of IE is not an option, then using either of these browsers would be better than sticking with IE 8.

Ken

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Post by Diana van den Berg »

Hans, thank you, for seeing what I said.

Ken, as regards your first post, you will see from my initial post, Admin already have spent ages doing the best they could.

As regards your second post, you will see from my initial post that I already am using Google Chrome.

Both my version of Google Chrome and Flash are compatible with SoundCloud.

It used to work for 18 months. It doesn’t now.