Taskbar Anomaly

BobH
UraniumLounger

Taskbar Anomaly

Post by BobH »

My taskbar contains pinned links to my most frequently used apps. I've noticed that several of them - including Firefox which is probably my most frequently used app and SurfShark and now LibreCalc - are sequestered in their own space. No amount of trying to move them has succeeded thus far.

Could someone please explain why there is a separate group of icons on my task bar and what, if anything, I can do about it?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Taskbar Anomaly

Post by stuck »

Can you post a screen sheet of what you are seeing?

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Dang it! I made the screenshot but forgot to include it.

Here . . .
Taskbar Anomaly.png
Note the vertical bars. The DuckDuckGo icon is in my normal taskbar area. I cannot get the Firefox icon in the normal taskbar area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Do you use any utility that restores features from older versions of Windows? For example Task Separator 11?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Not to my knowledge, Mr. V. Having said that, the recent switch to a new laptop might have had unintended consequences.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

The three dots indicate that you have run out of room. Is your taskbar centered or left aligned? Normally, you can drag and drop the taskbar icons to where you want them to be positioned.
Joe

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Yes, my task bar is pretty well loaded with things I use often or things I can never remember how to load. Here's a screenshot of the task bar and system tray. There appears to be some unused space. Still, I cannot move the Firefox icon to the left of that vertical bar. I understand and have no problem with the ellipse indicating that there are other icons that I cannot see until I click on it, but I don't understand why Firefox, SurfShark, and LibreCalc icons are isolated from the rest of the task bar.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 121126.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

What happens if you try to drag the FF icon to the left?
Joe

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

JoeP wrote:
17 Apr 2024, 14:28
What happens if you try to drag the FF icon to the left?
Bob has already stated:
...I cannot move the Firefox icon to the left of that vertical bar....
Ken

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

What happens if you right click in the area where the FF icon is located?
Joe

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

For reasons I cannot fathom, the separation in my taskbar disappeared after a reboot. All quick launch icons now reside in the same continuous bar area. I had rebooted earlier without having this effect.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)