Stubborn file

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Stubborn file

Post by Dave Davison »

Not critical but irksome; I downloaded a music track [MKV Format] using download helper intending to convert it to an MP4 later on my PC, tried to drag it to a folder on an external drive and to my utter amazement the folder simply disappeared. Tried again to drag it to the desktop but it will not budge. Opened the task manager to try to delete it from there but it remains anchored. See three screenshots, the first attempt it shows 97% complete. The next attempt it says not responding so I looked at the file in the download folder and note that the motion on the scroll bar never stops scrolling. Could this be why it will not delete, if so where do I go from here please? I've even tried restarting the laptop but still no joy. :scratch: :sad: :thankyou: Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Stubborn file

Post by HansV »

Try disconnecting from the internet temporarily to see if you can then delete the file.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Hans will try that. Dave

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Did try that but it stayed put so I decided to uninstall Download Helper and then reinstall it and the issue was resolved. Thanks as ever.