(Solved) KB4023057 Problems

CraigS26
2StarLounger

(Solved) KB4023057 Problems

Post by CraigS26 »

This is a Paste of my AskWoody Forum post made this a.m. - Offered more as a "watch-out" than expecting a solution AND I'm not sure YOU would get the same result ..............

A Macrium Image to 11/9 from an 11/10 KB4023057 install solved this For Now BUT NOT the FIX should I re-install it in the future… I NEVER have issues with CU or WU, even with this KB Update – BUT this time I got a glimpse of Hades as follows:

I’m Local Acct setup: 2016 Stdnt-Hm Word-Excel showed Unlicensed & Error popups prevented use – Repair usually Closed either and I’d briefly see in left column 4-5 Repaired docs to choose from – when it let me it didn’t help.

WuMgr app, IF it opened, would not Scan – do anything; Nirsoft Win History Viewer just scanned and produced no data.

Run Word as Admin (I was in Admin mode at the time) Failed — No Dup listing of Stdnt-Hm Office in Con Panel – Popup about WU Svc not activated but I did nothing there. In services.msc Windows Update shows Manual, not Automatic, I’m sure from a prior Forum post somewhere BUT WU has always Worked in Manual mode –

Other than blocking KB4023057 for now, any suggestions as IF or what to do now are appreciated .
Last edited by CraigS26 on 12 Nov 2023, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Re: KB4023057 Problems

Post by Jay Freedman »

I'm sure I don't understand what went wrong, but here are a few observations:

I'm also running Win 10 Pro 22H2 (64-bit, if that makes a difference), and my update history shows that KB4023057 was installed on 3 May 2023. In the six months since then, I haven't had any problems with WU, Office/Microsoft 365, or any other software that I haven't caused by myself (I sometimes experiment unsuccessfully with things in VBA and cause a crash).

The documentation of that update says it's an update of Health Tools with Windows Update Service components. It doesn't seem reasonable that the update should affect anything other than WU. In case you're feeling adventurous, the article has a link to a page for manually downloading the KB.

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Re: KB4023057 Problems

Post by CraigS26 »

Thanks, Jay. I deleted this morning's earlier Reply to you (I'd hide it & wait) and decided to Un-Hide the KB in WuMgr -- BUT let W10 Settings/Chk for Updates Install it knowing I had fresh Macrium Bkups if needed again. Did Not Re-Start after 1st KB install BUT did so here - All is well with it installed now -
Just one of those things. All the Best to you!

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Re: (Solved) KB4023057 Problems

Post by CraigS26 »

Thought I'd Add a (Maybe) Future Helper should you ever have a problem with KN4023057 .... via RetiredGeek in AskWoody.....

To uninstall KB4023057, go to Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features and have a look at the -- list of programs -- in that window.
KB4023057 will be listed as “Microsoft Update Health Tools in the list of installed programs. It will NOT be listed in the list of updates.

To uninstall it, simply click on it to highlight it and then select the item above the listing of programs that says “Uninstall”. Windows will take it from there. If you prefer, you can reboot the machine immediately afterwards.