Issues with touchpad on HP EliteBook

jmt356
SilverLounger

Issues with touchpad on HP EliteBook

Post by jmt356 »

I have an HP EliteBook. I find the touchpad very hard to use. On my old laptop, if I moved my finger across the height of the touchpad, the arrow or cursor would move across the height of my screen. With the EliteBook, I need to move my finger across the touchpad 4 times to get the arrow or cursor to move across the entire height of my screen.

Scrolling is even worse. On my old laptop, I was able to use chiral scrolling, which allowed me to scroll as much as I wanted without ever lifting my finger from the touchpad. On the EliteBook, it does not appear chiral scrolling is support. Rather, I need to use two-finger scrolling, which requires me to move two fingers across the surface area of my touchpad 7 times just to scroll down a single page in Word.

Can any of this be fixed or addressed?
Last edited by jmt356 on 23 Jun 2021, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

JMT

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Issues with touchpad on HP EliteBook

Post by stuck »

A search for:
    hp elitebook adjust touchpad sensitivity
returns lots of hits. Do any of those ideas help?

Ken

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I don't want to change the sensitivity. I want to change the amount of space that the arrow moves on my screen when I move my finger across the touchpad.

I am trying to follow the instructions at https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comm ... synaptics/. They state:

Navigate to *Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\03TabScroll*

However, in Registry Editor, when I get to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls, there is no 03TabScroll subfolder (or any other subfolder).
Regards,

JMT

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

A search for "Enable Chiral Scrolling on Synaptics Touchpads" yields several hits. If you can't find anything helpful after reviewing some of these articles, contacting the official HP Support site for your particular location would seem to be the next logical step.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions