Print screen does not capture my full screen

jmt356
SilverLounger

Print screen does not capture my full screen

Post by jmt356 »

The print screen button on my keyboard takes a screenshot. However, when I used alt + print screen, the screenshot zooms in to the top left corner of my screen, as though the resolution of my screen changes and only a portion of the window that is visible to me becomes visible to the screen capture. The same happens when I use EasyCapture to capture a portion of my screen.

This only happens when I am using the screen on my laptop. When I have an external display connected to my laptop, the problem does not occur. It is as though the screen capture recognizes the size of my external display but not the size of my laptop display.
Regards,

JMT

jmt356
SilverLounger

Re: Print screen does not capture my full screen

Post by jmt356 »

I just tested with the Snipping tool. The problem does not occur with that app.
Regards,

JMT

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Print screen does not capture my full screen

Post by stuck »

'Prt Scrn' behaves the same on my desktop PC and on my laptop. Namely:

1) JUST pressing 'prt scrn' captures my entire desktop, i.e.if I have only one monitor it captures that entire screen but if I have multiple monitors it captures then all, even if the monitors have different resolutions.

2) If I press Alt 'prt scrn' that captures only the active window. It doesn't matter which monitor the active window is on,or even if the active windows is across two monitors.

Ken