KB3150513 Update

RonH
SilverLounger

KB3150513 Update

Post by RonH »

I have just been offered in Windows Update:
Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513).

Reading about it seems to indicate that it is the Windows 10 compatibility appraiser ... the program that's supposed to tell you if you're running any software or have any hardware that will mess with the Windows 10 upgrade.

I already use W10 ... should I accept and install it :scratch:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: KB3150513 Update

Post by HansV »

I assume that it's offered to you because you don't have the Anniversary Update yet. I'd install it.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

In between times watching La Vuelta ... it installed itself so not a choice!
I guess that its to do with the Anniversary Update so we will wait to see when this is offered.
Thanks Hans
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

See Woody's 4th May article on this topic!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

RonH wrote: ... it installed itself so not a choice! ...........
Ditto! I didn't even know it had been installed until, following your post, I checked on my 'installed updates' - and there it was, noted as being installed today. Guess I must have blinked! I'm also awaiting the 'Anniversary; update. Thought I read somewhere (poss Woody?) that due to many reported problems, post installation, that MS had 'paused' its distribution? But note it's still 'on offer' :scratch:
Regards,
Keith

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I had read Woody's post which lead me to think it was a KB to get to install W10 but it must be also for any major upgrade for checking programme compatibilities.

I will just sit back and wait...

But in fairness to Msoft, in all the years I have been a user, the operating system has been extremely reliable and to the best of my recollection I have never had to uninstall any update/upgrade.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.