Windows 10 push on PCs drawing flak

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Windows 10 push on PCs drawing flak

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Google search
A Toronto Star article titled "Windows 10 push on PCs drawing flak" caught my attention.
I was going to post the link to the article, but I suspect the Star just copied an original.
hence your range of links.

By Matt Day / The Seattle Times

A few days after Microsoft released Windows 10 to the public last year, Teri Goldstein’s computer started trying to download and install the new operating system.

The update, which she says she didn’t authorize, failed. Instead, the computer she uses to run her Sausalito, California, travel-agency business slowed to a crawl. It would crash, she says, and be unusable for days at a time.

“I had never heard of Windows 10,” Goldstein said. “Nobody ever asked me if I wanted to update.”

When outreach to Microsoft’s customer support didn’t fix the issue, Goldstein took the software giant to court, seeking compensation for lost wages and the cost of a new computer.

She won. In May Microsoft dropped an appeal and Goldstein collected a $10,000 judgment from the company.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows 10 push on PCs drawing flak

Post by HansV »

Microsoft has been widely criticized for the aggressive way it tries to push Windows 10 to computers with Windows 7 and 8.1.
Best wishes,
Hans