no option to view

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

no option to view

Post by Dave Davison »

Hope this is in the correct section; When wanting to download a recent picture from my OLYMPUS C-560 camera all I had to do was connect the camera to a USB computer socket and click OK on the camera screen which -up till today - gave me the option to select what program to use for the transfer. Now, following the click action all I get is the option to transfer all the contents on the camera rather than select just the photos desired. Any clues as to why this latter option has ceased to appear despite me not having altered any settings? Clicking the down arrow in the attached screen shot offers nothing.
:thankyou: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: no option to view

Post by JoeP »

What happens when you click on "Import Settings"?
Joe

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

My camera has an SD Card, I remove it, put it in my pc, open it & drag the images I want to my desktop.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

It sounds like an Windows associations issue. However, having said that, I agree with George. It is much easier to remove the SD card and copy the images directly from that than to fuss with the native app that comes with the camera. (My personal opinion and preference!)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I agree with Rudi, somewhow Windows has lost the association between your camera and its associated software, which means when you plug in the camera it has to ask you what to do with it.

Try reinstalling the software that came with your camera, that might put things back to how they were.

Ken

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Many thanks for the responses, Regarding JoeP's question I have pasted the screen shots after hitting (fig 1) the settings options tab then (fig2) Change the Auto Play options. The Pictures option was set for "import using windows" which gives the original view that I posted and when I change it to Launch in Olympus it does not show every photo on the camera. As for inserting the card into the computer I do not have an appropriate socket!!!!! The option of reinstalling the camera software had crossed my mind but was not sure. :scratch: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you tried selecting one of the other options in the dropdown menu?
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Yes Hans I selected the Olympus option but still no joy so decided to reinstall the camera software and that did the trick, how the computer suddenly failed to recognize the original installed prog beats me but -as the uploaded screenshot shows, it now responds as it has for the past ten years, giving me the choice of prog to upload the pics with. As ever, thanks for the comments. :thankyou: Dave.