PC's, iPhones and Bluetooth

BobH
UraniumLounger

PC's, iPhones and Bluetooth

Post by BobH »

I just purchased a USB Bluetooth 'Radio Transmitter.' Until now I've connected my iPhone via USB to transfer pics, files, etc or used Dropbox. Is it possible to connect an iPhone (or other smartphone) to a PC via Bluetooth for such functions? Is it feasible?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: PC's, iPhones and Bluetooth

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bob,

See the steps in this article to connect your iPhone to your PC with Bluetooth.

From what I have read on the web, it looks like you can only transfer small files like ringtones and backgrounds, etc via Bluetooth. Photos and other larger files cannot be transferred directly to your PC via Bluetooth. A standard iPhone do not yet support Bluetooth File Transfer, yet it can be done with third party apps on a phone that is 'jailbreaked' (jail broken??).

On a side note: If you want to share any content with another iPhone, you can use AirDrop (a built in feature on all iPhones).
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Rudi!

I was not aware of Airdrop. It might be quite handy around the house.

Cheers!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

maman
NewLounger

Post by maman »

I've used bluetooth to send and receive photos and files to an lg and nokia phone from my pc. Just had to pair them

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, maman!

And a big welcome to Eileen's Lounge from Texas.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)