Android Updating

RonH
SilverLounger

Android Updating

Post by RonH »

This explains how Android software is updated and also the new method applying to the next Android 7 release for those lucky enough to receive it.
http://www.androidcentral.com/what-are- ... -they-work" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Android Updating

Post by HansV »

Thanks. The new method of updating will only be available on (some) new phones:
Your existing phone isn't partitioned correctly and won't be able to perform seamless updates.

... the people who make your next phone might not use the seamless update feature because they don't have to.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

RonH wrote:This explains how Android software is updated...
Tis too bad that carriers do not provide updates as they are released by Google. My Android phone (via Virgin Mobility (Bell)) is still sitting at 5.1 while my son's system is at version 4.4. He is not with Virgin Mobility and not sure who he is with at the moment.
Regards,
Bob

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

That's why I bought Google Nexus :fanfare: Both my tablet Nexus 7 (2013) and phone Nexus 5X are bang up to date in software and the latest security upgrades ... though the former may well not be included in the Android 7 release out this Sept due to age :sad: They may not be the 'prettiest' nor include a myriad of software 'customer oriented' customisation's but they have proved to be ultra reliable, at least for me.

Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.