How to "get" that elusive podcast feed?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

How to "get" that elusive podcast feed?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

When I began to download podcasts about four years ago life was simple; you were shown a link and you pasted into a program.
Nowadays it is all automated and it doesn't work for people with names like "Chris Greaves".

I use Juice as a download vehicle and (so far) it has worked well for me; I click a button and Juice downloads podcasts into a folder which (downloads) I manage myself.
Untitled.png
Today I go to a page such as http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/tablero-deportivo/ and I can see the "subscribe to podcast" button; I choose it and can see the "Juice" choice, but when I choose "Juice" (whether I have a copy open or note) Firefox tells me "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (podcast) isn't associated with any program.".

Rats!

Q1: How can I extract a simple URL from this hoo-hah so that I can copy/paste the url into Juice and get on with (my miserable) life?

Q2: Failing that, what are you using that is simple and works without convolutions or conniptions?

Ta ever so
(signed) "running out of options and podcasts" of Toronto.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: How to "get" that elusive podcast feed?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ChrisGreaves wrote:... I use Juice as a download vehicle and (so far) it has worked well for me; ...
And I have now abandoned Juice and switched to Hermes Podcast DownloaderThe one thing lacking is that it d/l all files to a common folder, rather than spraying each podcast into its separate folder.
I can live with that.
Its outstanding feature, IMHO, is that I can give it what I think is the web page with the feed, and Hermes wanders off and turns over every flat rock until it finds the actual URL required.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle