Whatsapp for Windows

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Re: Whatsapp for Windows

Post by Ted Myers »

I prefer WhatsApp on my laptop, it's easier to print compared to my Android phone App.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you converse internationally, WhatsApp does it over the internet freely whereas you may be charged for text or data by your phone company.
Joe

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Now, if WhatsApp would also work with people who only use SMS text messages, it would be dang near perfect . . .
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

That's never going to happen. While perhaps WhatsApp could be coded to handle incoming simple SMS texts I can't see being able to send out unencrypted replies.

Ken

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

stuck wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 17:43
Whatsapp doesn't just do chat messages, you can use it to make phone calls as well, both audio and video calls.

Ken
My wife doesn't have free minutes in her extremely basic call package, but she can call using whatsapp for free (she has to be connected to wifi, but that's because she doesn't have a data allowance either). So it doesn't eat your call allowance, but does eat your data allowance, unless you have broadband wifi available.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube