Have I set something wrong ??

NotQuite
3StarLounger

Have I set something wrong ??

Post by NotQuite »

Lately on FaceBook, if I reply to a post, the original post and all replies disappear from my news feed. They are still available on the Originating posters timeline and I get notifications that they have been further commented on. This behavior is frustrating however and it only seems to have started recently. It is occurring on my Desktop (W7 Ultimate) and Laptop (W7 Home Premium). It does not seem to occur often on my Iphone. Any suggestions ???
Regards: NotQuite

Not So Damp in Lotus Land

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Have I set something wrong ??

Post by Bigaldoc »

Ouch, that's a strange one I've never seen. I can't think of a setting that YOU might have set that would cause this behavior. It's more than likely a "glitch" in Facebook and there are many.

I recently came across one similar, but not quite the same. My sister would make a post that WOULD show up in MY News Feed but NOT on her Timeline. We beat that one around for quite some time without learning an answer. It eventually stopped.

I've always been of the opinion that the FB programmers make "system changes" that cause strange behavior but no one ever knows what changes they make. And worse yet, as in your case, these "glitches" don't impact everyone, making it even harder to track down an answer.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I've consulted my local FB guru, aka stuckling2, his instant response was akin to Al's, "That will just be FB being FB. These things come and go. It will sort itself in a couple of days."

Ken

NotQuite
3StarLounger

Post by NotQuite »

Thanks Guys, The problem seems to have mostly resolved itself. I had already decided to just live with it, but was curious if I had missed something. Thanks again.
Regards: NotQuite

Not So Damp in Lotus Land

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

NotQuite wrote:...The problem seems to have mostly resolved itself...
There you go, the magic of The Lounge again, you make a post and the problem goes away :grin:

Ken