Griddle Cooking

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Griddle Cooking

Post by hlewton »

Just got an outside griddle and am looking for some suggestions of what to cook on it. It did come with a couple great recipe books.I know the usual things like bacon, eggs, burgers, steak, chicken, potatoes, etc. Just looking for some suggestions on different ways to cook those food items and other suggestions I don't even know about.
Regards,
hlewton

silverback
5StarLounger

Re: Griddle Cooking

Post by silverback »

Try bananas. Open the skin and put the bananas on the griddle. When they're nearly done, carefully pour the spirit of your choice inside the skin.
I favour rum. Yum!
Silverback

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

silverback wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2023, 19:41
Try bananas. Open the skin and put the bananas on the griddle. When they're nearly done, carefully pour the spirit of your choice inside the skin.
I favour rum. Yum!
Silverback
Thanks, I never would have thought of that and it sounds good. Do you open the skin the entire length of the banana? I assume when they are nearly done, means when they are getting soft, correct?
Regards,
hlewton

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Yes, open skin MOST of the way - you want the skin to be able to retain the spirit, and it's really your choice when to call them done - depends on how soft and squidgey you like your bananas. πŸ˜€

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Two additions I found quite useful with my griddle were a dome for steaming/sweating things like onions and warming buns plus a hamburger press.

Enjoy your new griddle.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

silverback wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2023, 20:32
Yes, open skin MOST of the way - you want the skin to be able to retain the spirit, and it's really your choice when to call them done - depends on how soft and squidgey you like your bananas. πŸ˜€
Great I will have to try this. Thanks again.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobH wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2023, 20:56
Two additions I found quite useful with my griddle were a dome for steaming/sweating things like onions and warming buns plus a hamburger press.

Enjoy your new griddle.
Thanks BobH, I have them both. I saw in one of the recipe books that came with the griddle to use the dome to finish steaks after first searing them. It didn't say but when I try that, I'm turning the griddle's temperature down considerably.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Well, I think I now have all the tools I need to try this griddle out, and even clean it afterwards. All I need now is for the weather to cooperate. That's a challenge in my neck of the woods. I'd still like other recipe suggestions if anyone has any.
Regards,
hlewton

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

We shall require pics! :grin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobH wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2023, 19:09
We shall require pics! :grin:
Of what, the tools? It's scrapers, spatulas, cleaning bricks, scouring pads, domes, and burger presses. Not too interesting. :grin:
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

OH wait, I forgot about tongs. But I have those as well.
Regards,
hlewton