Bluetooth between two pc's at home

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
RonH
SilverLounger

Bluetooth between two pc's at home

Post by RonH »

I think I have made some errors in setting up bluetooth between my two pc's, one running Vista and the other Windows 7. I can send from my Windows pc to the Vista but I can only send from the Vista pc to the Windows 7 if I unclick 'Authentication'. During setting up these two pc' I am sure that I messed up the Pairing (not fast enough?) and need to reset and do it again. I can see how to delete the Windows 7 pc off the Bluetooth listed devices on the Vista but I can not find how to delete the Vista pc off my Windows 7.

I think that I need to 'clean up' and repeat the process and would appreciate assistance.
I should add that Bluetooth works fine on both pc's with my mobile and with the recommended security.
Thankyou.
(Hope I am not being to much of a 'pain' asking all these questions during my new pc set up :sad:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Bluetooth between two pc's at home

Post by StuartR »

I have moved this post from our Other Software forum to the Networking your Home forum.

I can't answer your question, as I didn't even know that you could connect two PCs together using just Bluetooth. Is there a reason you can't connect an Ethernet cable between the two PCs?
StuartR

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

RonH wrote:... but I can not find how to delete the Vista pc off my Windows 7.
Try some of these:

How to remove a bluetooth device without being an admin

Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices

Adding Bluetooth Devices in Windows 7

(I know the last one is for adding, but may offer some clues.)
Leif

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

StuartR wrote: Is there a reason you can't connect an Ethernet cable between the two PCs?
Yep ... I didn't think of it :sad:

I am now at the stage where Bluetooth is OK with mobile both ways and receives OK from my othet Vista pc. But when I try to send to the Vista, it simply does not send. Somehow I have not got the Vista pc showing as a 'Device' in Control Panel but it does show up in *My Bluetooth'. Not having it shown in the Device Manager means that I cannot rt click and delete it to start again.

Looks like I will have to uninstall the Bluetooth and start again ??
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.