viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Advice needed

Post by viking33 »

Ah so. No wonder I didn't recognize it.
A UK name brand. :thankyou:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

viking33 wrote:So what IS.....AGA?
See http://www.aga-web.co.uk/
StuartR

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

viking33 wrote:So what IS.....AGA?
Perhaps ... this.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hello... there's an echo in here...
Best wishes,
Hans

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

HansV wrote:Hello... there's an echo in here...
Apologies, hadn't realised there was a second page ... (oops)

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Leif is the perp of this one and he doesn't seem to be around. Might it be this: Luxury Ranges, Refrigeration, Kitchen Appliances : AGA

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Bigaldoc wrote:Leif is the perp of this one and he doesn't seem to be around. Might it be this: Luxury Ranges, Refrigeration, Kitchen Appliances : AGA
Al, this does not look like the cooker we call an AGA here in the UK.

An AGA is permanently hot, you don't turn it on and off. Each of it's ovens is held at a constant temperature, you don't adjust the oven temperature, just move things to a hotter or cooler oven if you need to.
StuartR

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

viking33 wrote: So what IS.....AGA?
You're all barking up the wrong tree, everything you need to know about AGA is here :innocent:
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

viking33 wrote:Ah so. No wonder I didn't recognize it.
A UK name brand. :thankyou:
Ummm - Swedish I think!

The inventor had been blinded and wanted something that was easy for someone without sight to use. And he's right. I can burn things just as easily with my eyes open or shut :grin:
Leif

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Leif is right; Indeed, it's a Swedish invention by Gustaf Dalén; acronym for the company, at the time, was Aktiebolaget Gasaccumulator. (And I also agree with Leif's earlier post; trade it for an AGA, no glass windows on those! :laugh: At least on the original design.) On the other hand, even though it might look smart & posh in your country house, it might take a toll on the energy consumption. :grin:

BTW, I believe Al is also right, that is, it's later products by the same company; they now seem to have a whole range of products, apart from the original 2-4 oven cookers, but the site he mentioned also shows the traditional AGA cooker.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Argus wrote:On the other hand, even though it might look smart & posh in your country house, it might take a toll on the energy consumption. :grin:
Not with my cleaning regime, it isn't :laugh:

Anyway, I'm just doing my bit for the planet. The sooner we use up that nasty oil stuff, the sooner we get round to using nice green renewable energy... :innocent:
Leif

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

silverback wrote:I regularly take off the oven door and dismantle in order to clean the insides of the double glazed glass.
The insides of the door of the microwave is now very grimy and needs cleaning.
I've never heard of the insides of a double-glazed microwave door getting grimy.
Since you indicate that you have implicitly broken the safety seal to clean the insides of the double glazed glass, you seem to have voided your warranty.
I thought I was with Skitters and John Gray on this - if gunk has worked its way inside then the door is defective - until I came back and re-read your original post.

I'm not paranoid, but safety first.
If you are being honest when you state that you truly want to keep cooking of kidneys strictly inside the oven, not my own as I walk past then dispose properly(1) of this now-dangerous oven, get a new one, and do not void the warranty by doing things that the manufacturer does not explicitly recommend that you do.

There's a reason for those labels that say "Do not remove this; dangerous stuff inside".

(1) This means NOT giving it to the local church rummage sale, but tossing the door in one garbage collection and the oven in a separate garbage collection (or recycling depot)
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle