I am very proud

Jezza
5StarLounger

I am very proud

Post by Jezza »

Some of you will know of my exploits a good few moons ago of the great theory of Kitchen Table Science when I attempted to recreate old experiments from begged or borrowed apparatus.

A few moons later I realise that in the Log Cabin, here in Deepest, Darkest Kent I have a budding Kitchen Table Scientist, the few of you will be unsurprised to hear it is my own Ballerina Jezzarette 2 who today was awarded 3 A* Grades for Biology, Chemistry and Physics for her school exams, apparently KTS did rub off in the end.

Then out of the blue Jezzarette 1 was awarded an A grade for Government and Politics ( A great love of hers)

What is wonderful is that each child has found there love, Jezzarette 1 following in the footsteps of Mrs Jezza and unsurprisingly Jezzarette 2 in my footsteps. Funny how things turn out :grin:
Last edited by Jezza on 11 Mar 2011, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

HansV
Administrator

Re: I am very proud

Post by HansV »

That's fantastic! Congrats to Jezzarette 1 and 2 (and to their proud parents)! :trophy:
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

You and your missus have every right to be proud of your younguns, Jerry, especially with those kinds of scholastic achievements! Congratulations to the kids and mom and dad as well!

:clapping:

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

Thanks guys, it was just nice to have both of them to have results back on the same day and to be such good ones. I get very confused by the way they structure the exams these days as the award schemes are like shifting sands.

Jezzarette 1 is over the moon as you would expect as this grade (80+%) is predicative of her final A Level grade, J 2's is goes towards her final exam grades and the teacher told us last night that it was very high (>95%) so will be put on the Gifted and Talented list which pushes them a little (apparently they do a lots of Whizz Pop type experiments :evilgrin: )

Quite nice as we all went out for nice meal last night on the spur of the moment as a mini-celebration :burga:
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Jezza wrote:I get very confused by the way they structure the exams these days
Join the club :grin:

Well done to the Jezzarettes :fanfare: It is no mean feat to get grades like that. Anyone who says exams are easier these days haven't got kids doing them. Give them lots of :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar:

Ken

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Congratulations from me to the Jezzarettes too.

The pressure on kids in the UK to perform for these exams seems to get worse every year. My youngest is in her final year of secondary school and I will be glad when she finishes.
StuartR

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Jezza wrote:... in my footsteps. Funny how things turn out :grin:
Congratulations to those two, Jezza, and to you two, too.

P.S. They aren't the only ones who follow in your footsteps, or who follow by example!
He who plants a seed, plants life.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I could hear the buttons popping all the way over here in central Texas! And, for VERY GOOD reason!!!!

Give the Jezzarettes my congratulations and highest regards!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

StuartR wrote:in her final year of secondary school and I will be glad when she finishes.
As in off to Uni in Oct? If so, I'm with you.

stuckling1 might chip in if he sees this thread and say more but the pressure he's under is immense. All his uni choices require top grades. He's been uncharacteristically down since he sat the January maths exam. He thought he'd blown it.

Like Jerry's kids, the results came out yesterday. Turns out stuckling1's despair was all wasted. He dropped only one mark across the whole of his maths paper :drop:

His younger brother did all right too. His results for his three sciences were A*.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Congrats to stuckling1 and stuckling2 too! (and to you and mrs stuck)
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

stuck wrote:...As in off to Uni in Oct?...
As in travelling for a year before she goes to University.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:Congrats to stuckling1 and stuckling2 too! (and to you and mrs stuck)
Thank you Hans, I will pass on your good wihes but me & Mrs S didn't have to do the hard work. I am sooooooooo glad exams are well in my past.

Stuart, I wish your daughter well in the summer exams and I hope your nerves hold out. I can see my wife and I needing tranquillisers before the summer is over :grin:

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Add my congratulations, too, Ken!

Well done, young folks!!!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs