Doc Watson Is 88 Today

Post by Bigaldoc »

Doc Watson Story

Gotcha !!!

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Re: Doc Watson Is 88 Today

Post by Doc Watson »

Interesting Al. I never knew Doc was blind.

But, I'm sure you know, the Doc Watson I reference with my screen name is Microsoft's debugging utility Dr. Watson.
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

rettingr
StarLounger

Post by rettingr »

Doc Watson wrote:
But, I'm sure you know, the Doc Watson I reference with my screen name is Microsoft's debugging utility Dr. Watson.
Does that mean you are more like 25 years old - the reference for the need for debugging Microsoft's many versions of windows since inception? :groan:
Randy

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Doc Watson wrote:Interesting Al. I never knew Doc was blind.

I just wanted to see who was payin' attention, for something of a laugh.

I am, however, a big bluegrass music fan and the only local scene I've never tried to attend is the annual J. D. Crowe festival nearby here. The crowds are always too intimidating for me.

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

Bigaldoc wrote:... the annual J. D. Crowe festival ...
Is that held in Berea?

(former KY native and Big Blue (UK and IBM) alumni)
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

PJ_in_FL wrote:
Bigaldoc wrote:... the annual J. D. Crowe festival ...
Is that held in Berea?

(former KY native and Big Blue (UK and IBM) alumni)
No PJ, the Crowe festival is held (at least for the past few years) at the Icthus location outside Wilmore.

Didn't know that you're an IBM alumnus so send me a PM if there's a chance we've ever met. I worked at the Lexington, Boulder and OP Hq locations during my time - mostly finance for engineering.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks for posting that link, Al!

I grew up in Raleigh. Students from the Governor Morehead School frequently presented music programs at schools around town. Although, I'm younger than Doc by almost 20 years - and never heard him play while he was at the Morehead School - I heard him every time he played Raleigh after 1960. It was interesting to go to a concert and hear various ones of his classmates call out to him after he took the stage. He invariably called them by name from just hearing their voice and invited them to come see him after the show.

He is a giant of a human being. His accomplishments despite being sightless are remarkable. He is one of my (very few) life heroes.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs