What I want for Christmas NEXT year.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

What I want for Christmas NEXT year.

Post by ChrisGreaves »

He who plants a seed, plants life.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: What I want for Christmas NEXT year.

Post by Bigaldoc »

Absolutely Astounding! I couldn't MOVE as I watched and the only concept of "reality" is when you see the people nearby.

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote:A train set
Give a "toot toot" when you get your train up and running! I'd love to see how your train project turns out! :yep:
Thanks for sharing the link. :thumbup:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:Give a "toot toot" when you get your train up and running! I'd love to see how your train project turns out!
You have one reasonably close to you at Medina NY. I posted a photo-essay of my visit there a few years back.
Practically on your way here :evilgrin:

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

My two stucklings built a model railway in the garage a few years ago now. I can't find a picture of it at this instant. I'll see if I can find one and add it another day.

So now the cars worth £1000s live out on the drive, exposed to the weather, while the trains, worth only fraction of the value, stay dry. :laugh:

Ken

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

stuck wrote:
My two stucklings built a model railway in the garage a few years ago now. I can't find a picture of it at this instant. I'll see if I can find one and add it another day.
Your wish, Papa, is my command.
railway 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That's quite a large railway for indoors!
Best wishes,
Hans

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

It's in the garage, so not too bad for size... We've got lots of space to work with

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

stuckling1 wrote:It's in the garage, so not too bad for size... We've got lots of space to work with
I'm so very impressed!! My granddaughter would just love having that to play with :clapping:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:That's quite a large railway for indoors!
If I remember correctly the baseboard is 9 feet by 6 feet or about 2.7m x 1.8m and the garage is 'double' width. Though in all the time we've lived here I've never had two cars in it. Too much other stuff :grin:
Hey Jude wrote:My granddaughter would just love having that to play with
I bet she would! There is a 2/3yr old boy who lives further down the road. One afternoon earlier in the year, when it was still warm enough to spend time with the trains, the garage doors were open and they boy and his parents were passing, en route home. Mummy & Daddy were slightly ahead of the child, playing a race. The boy was laughing and trying to catch up - until he saw the trains. He instantly lost interest in his parents, changed direction and came and to investigate. His parents were briefly unaware he'd abandoned them until they looked round a few seconds later but quickly came to see what had distracted him. There were tears about 30 mins later later when Mummy & Daddy insisted that they really did have to go home now and they had say good bye to the trains.

Ken

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuckling1 wrote:Your wish, Papa, is my command.
What a nice boy (looks for :patting-on-head:)

OK.
To my tired old eyes that looks like a Triang "Jinty" 0-6-0.
And the coaches?

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

The engine is a Bachmann J72 tank engine, in British Rail green livery. - don't think it's currently available direct from the manufacturers, but a similar one can be found here
The coaches are also by Bachmann, BR MK1s I think.

Stuckling1

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuckling1 wrote:The engine is a Bachmann J72 tank engine,
Oooh!
The J" made me think I was close.
A search turned up this, in black rather than green.
0-6-0 though!
AndI was the lucky 999,999th visitor.
But not the lucky 999,999th stupid visitor.

I know of the LNER livery. How (much) does it differ from "British Rail green livery"?

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

stuck wrote:
Hey Jude wrote:My granddaughter would just love having that to play with
I bet she would! There is a 2/3yr old boy who lives further down the road. until he saw the trains. He instantly lost interest in his parents, changed direction and came and to investigate. His parents were briefly unaware he'd abandoned them until they looked round a few seconds later but quickly came to see what had distracted him. There were tears about 30 mins later later when Mummy & Daddy insisted that they really did have to go home now and they had say good bye to the trains.

Ken
That would be my "babycakes" as well. Her first vocabulary consisted of "Thomas, Bertie, Harold, Gordon, Emily, Sir 'topemhat', Toby and Salty" to name a few. When I started spending time with her I thought she had a vivid imagination, until I was informed that they were her train names :laugh: In very short order I had to get educated about The Isle of Sodor and had to start watching her videos and playing with all her engines and track components. This child was obsessed with trains. When she moved up near us 2 years ago it wasn't uncommon to sit alongside a RR crossing if she saw the train light. Many times we would even cross the tracks to give her a better view. We sat by a cemetery one day and she called and waved to the conductor who blew his whistle for her and talked to her while he was waiting for another train with the right-of-way. My guess is you'll have visits from this youngster now that he knows what he had to say goodbye to :grin:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image