Starting The Day

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Starting The Day

Post by StuartR »

jonwallace wrote:... I could do with a nice Laphroaig about now...
My favourite tipple. I have a 10 year old and a 15 year old in the cupboard, and I did once get to try the Quarter Cask. :yum:

Now I have started thinking about Laphroaig I will find it very difficult to finish off today's work.
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Dang you guys have made me thirsty. I may have to leave for a few hours.
Regards,
hlewton

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

I'm with Al on this. To plagiarize a lady I overheard, in the US and Australia, cold beer and summer go together like helpless women and railroad tracks. :yep:
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

johbot
2StarLounger

Post by johbot »

The question of the temperature of your tipple needs to be seen in the context of the climate in which you live.

There is no way that anyone sane would want to drink 'room temperature' beverages when the ambient temperature is in the 40s Celsius. On days like that, even my red wine goes in the fridge for a lie down before dinner.

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

johbot wrote:There is no way that anyone sane would want to drink 'room temperature' beverages when the ambient temperature is in the 40s Celsius. On days like that, even my red wine goes in the fridge for a lie down before dinner.
Actually red wines should be served at a lower temperature that the 'modern room'. Most reds taste best below 18°C (65°F) or more specifically;

Beaujolais, Nebbiolo, Port, light and fruity reds 12° - 15°
Simple Pinot Noirs, light Rioja, Argentine Tempranillo 15° - 17°
Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux, Shiraz, big Zinfandel 17°- 20°
etc.

In other words, the better (and likely more expensive) the wine the higher the temperature, but never above 20°(68°F)! Red wine needs to be warm enough to experience all of the flavors, but cool enough to be refreshing.

:wine: Cheers