end of the road

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

end of the road

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi...........may not be the sharpest knife in the box but have not reached this stage yet...hope I never do....Shalom DD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: end of the road

Post by Bigaldoc »

Oh boy, that's funny. I hope it isn't a "violation" if I post that shot elsewhere!

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

There was the ancient story that when accountants first got mainframe screens on their desks, they would display their first screen-full of the company accounts, and then tick the total figures on the glass screen with a fibre-tip pen when they had determined that the totals were correct.

Each person did this only once...

(I suspect that this anecdote is somewhat mythological, since I reckon that the IBM 2260 and 3270 screens long predated the availability of such marker pens, and that it is just an anti-accountant joke!)
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

IIRC (and I bought several thousand 2260s and 3270s) one could purchase a model that used a light pen. We used one as the operators' control interface on a System 370, as I recall.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs