oops!

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

oops!

Post by stuck »

It has rained a lot in our part of the world in recent weeks. The river through our village has been very high for a few weeks. Not problem though, the flood defences have been doing their job.

At least they were until this morning when the pump that pumps local rain water run off over the flood defences and into the river failed. It wasn't long before the main road through the village was impassable. Temporary pumps were brought in and, as you can see, when I took this picture at about 2:30pm they were beginning to get on top of the problem, the crown of the road had reappeared.

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: oops!

Post by HansV »

Does that make it impossible for people to get to work or school?
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

What a pain
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I don't think the bridge was closed until after the school run, the water level was rising but the road was still navigable at that time. They had got the failed pump running again when I took this picture so I presume the road reopened by the time people were returning home.

If not, then there is another way into the village but it is a long diversion.

Ken

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

The perils of living on/near a flood plain...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I met someone this morning who got caught up in yesterday's chaos. The alternative route out of the village was so busy, it took her an hour and a half to do a journey that normal takes only 20 mins.

Everything is OK again now.

Ken