Loss Of ESPN on Spectrum TV

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Loss Of ESPN on Spectrum TV

Post by hlewton »

Spectrum TV is in a channel line up dispute with Disney Productions. Disney cut off all of the channels they sell to Spectrum TV last Thursday or Friday. For those who lost ESPN sports channels on Spectrum TV, as I did, I just wanted to say a couple things. Spectrum is not automatically refunding anyone. However, if you call them and mention your loose of ESPN or any of the other channels Disney sells, they will issue you a refund. My refund, and quite a few others I know of, was $15.00. I also told them if those channels are not back next month, I will be calling them again. If they issue enough of these refunds, maybe it will speed negotiations along. I sure hope so.
Regards,
hlewton

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Loss Of ESPN on Spectrum TV

Post by BobH »

We dropped Spectrum some time ago due to poor service and bad customer service. Our ISP is Astound Communications, and we use YouTubeTV for streaming. They have ESPN.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Loss Of ESPN on Spectrum TV

Post by hlewton »

BobH wrote:
04 Sep 2023, 18:09
We dropped Spectrum some time ago due to poor service and bad customer service. Our ISP is Astound Communications, and we use YouTubeTV for streaming. They have ESPN.
I have no other choice where I live but to use Spectrum if I want to get a fast Internet service. They have no competition at all here for Internet speed. I have purchased Sling in the mean time to to watch ESPN. I have looked into Youtube streaming and if I combine it with Sling I would get almost everything I want. However, I'd lose HBO MAX. Youtube does not have The History Channel and I record so many shows on that channel, I would never want to lose it. It would save me a considerable amount if I drop Spectrum's TV service. However, last year I did talk them into a large price cut for 1 year. that expires in OCT. and my wife is going to try the same thing this year. So, if we don't get that, it is entirely possible we too will be cutting the cable.
Regards,
hlewton