For Our Mr. Greaves

BobH
UraniumLounger

For Our Mr. Greaves

Post by BobH »

2023-06-27_14h47_16.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: For Our Mr. Greaves

Post by HansV »

Sheesh... :meltdown:
Best wishes,
Hans

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

I'm not sure if that's ⁰F and you're extremely cold, or ⁰C and you're very hot.

Being Texas in the summer, I assume the second, but if that was the case, I'm surprised to see temperatures from the US reported in Celsius.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Converted for OMG and those of you speak Celsius.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 22:54
Converted for OMG and those of you speak Celsius.
Can we now expect that the USA will come out of its scientific isolation? Is this the precursor of a New Age? :evilgrin:

I have been trying to convince one of the lawn-mowing contractors to visit W.A. A retired school-teacher, last visited Italy, "I've always wanted to go to Australia!", and I suggested he go. "Oh! But the expense!". I set him some homework, and myself calculated a two week trip for two based on air-fare from Toronto, hotels, meals, and rental car plus gas; came to $8,000.
I waited until he brought his girlfriend around for a tour and, while Sherry was squirming excitedly, I popped the question, gave him the answer, and (salesman-like) continued "So, when will you go?". Next Winter (January). "How will you cope with 40ºc?" I asked, and carried on "in the shade, when there is no shade?" He went off thinking carefully!

Anyway, congrats on having a regular summer. We are back to cloudy/showery skies, but highs around 25c for the rest of the week. There can be no doubt now that most of my seeds have not sprouted, and those that have will probably not mature fruit & veggie in time.
Still people get out of their cars and take the guided tour. Two more carloads yesterday, two loads the day before. Orders for daffodil and tulip bulbs coming in. Gooseberry bushes heading out. It's a real struggle nowadays to manage a business that charges nothing for its goods ...
Cheers, Chris
He who plants a seed, plants life.