Post by HansV »

Lovely!
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Spring is coming!

Post by RonH »

With only two seasons here in Norway, winter and August, we might be waiting a while for flowers. Thanks for images ... I was beginning to forget what they look like and with deer exploring our garden it's likely any flowers will be scared to show their faces. :sad:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

@RonH I'm glad you spelt that last word correctly ;-)

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

GeoffW wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 07:17
@RonH I'm glad you spelt that last word correctly ;-)
It was a close call :laugh:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

GeoffW wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 21:20
Meanwhile, it's a pleasant summer down by our local lake. ...
12c and 15c Saturday night
Of course, being in a different hemisphere those figures will need to be negated.
Same forecast for today. At least we are Getting Used To It by now.

All this snow and freezing rain is costing me a lot of time. The roar and scraping noise of a Council truck mounted with a blade, trying to keep the highway clear sounds very much like the Delta Airlines DL83 flight Paris-Atlanta going overhead at 32,000 feet, so filled with Nostalgia I crank up FlightRadar24, only to be disappointed.
Again.

Cheers, Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

My strange little friend here in this little Siberian Enclave has it bad just now, after a bit of snow last night, but he seems used to it, as well as I am. Very Pretty, just like me as well. But he is an odd chap, most of these Schneeflocken Snow drop things are white, and there are loads of them around the back. This is an unusual Purple color and in an unusual place, where strange big triffids things more often come later. It’s where I dump all the dead mice I catch. Maybe he is some Frankenstein mutation cross breed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Aren't those crocuses instead of snowdrops?
Best wishes,
Hans

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Could be, I’m not too clued up, but in the last couple of years I have experimented a lot with wildly throwing seeds around everywhere. Some strange looking mutations have sprung up unexpectidly

This is what the little “crocus snow drop” looked like a few days ago when it was untypically warm and sunny for the time of year – I found a Butterfly on my shoe, Image , so I thought he might feel at home on the “crocus snow drop”, if it didn’t eat him. He seemed pretty motionless initially, Image. But a little while later it seemed he was busy doing something to the “crocus snow drop”, either that or it was doing something to him Image

These are the strange wild Triffid things that usually grow there under my Sunflower wheelbarrow in the Summer.
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yep, those are crocuses, not snowdrops.
Best wishes,
Hans

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

So my purple snowdrops mutations are not only beautiful but very clever, disguising themselves as crocuses. It's the diet I feed them of dead mice and living Butterflies
:)

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

"It’s where I dump all the dead mice I catch."

But why are you catching dead mice? :grin: :flee:
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

I noticed a few years ago that when they die in the traps I set for them, they sometimes appear to turn into Zombies who wander around for a few days attatched to the trap until they find a nice hidden space to settle down and turn into horribly smelly things. After a few weeks the smell goes away, but they turn into messy partial skeleton things and have lots of babies looking like small Bugs.
So that's when I decided to tie a bit of cord to the traps and fix it secure so the dead mice don't get away.....

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DocAElstein wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 17:32
I noticed a few years ago that when they die in the traps I set for them, ...
Surely a more humane solution could be implemented, where the mice, live even, can be put to better use? :catty:
I mean, cats are good at Springing, even when spring is coming.
Cheers, Chris

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

_1) He forgot to fill the bucket with water, ( or something stronger )
_2) Our mice are harder species than those in that video. Our climate makes them hard little things, I geuss. They would fight and jump their way out of a small bucket like that.
Furthermore, I would not like to try and get that many of our mice near me in a bucket like that, or else what was left of me would likely be the stuff fed to the flowers...
( .... Given my proven rather ignorant nature knowledge, along with the Frankenstein mutations that seem to mutate here... maybe some people would refer to my Mice as some Mice/Rat mutation.. I will drop a pick in of the graveyard, when the snow melts.... assuming they are still there and have not walked off.... :flee: )

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DocAElstein wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 18:36
_1) He forgot to fill the bucket with water, ( or something stronger )
Nah! That was his Version 1.0 before YouTube bumped him for malicious content or something.
Cheers, Chris

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The spring equinox is today (in Europe), but it has been raining all day (and it is forecast to rain all day tomorrow) :sad:

Still:

Catkins.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 16:40
...it has been raining all day...
But that didn't stop the light being just right on the catkins :thumbup:

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

:clapping: Thanks Hans for beaut image of flowers. I am trying to remember what they look like and you were a real help
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

HansV wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 16:40
The spring equinox is today (in Europe), but it has been raining all day (and it is forecast to rain all day tomorrow) :sad:
Oh dear.

I completely missed the spring equinox.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I hope that you did enjoy the autumn equinox...
Best wishes,
Hans