So how about this topic of conversation!

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

So how about this topic of conversation!

Post by Skitterbug »

If you had some extra money around to spend as you wished, what would you buy?

One "toy" purchase for me would be an iPad! :yep:

:whisper: Definitely NOT a colonoscopy!
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Re: So how about this topic of conversation!

Post by garbsmj »

If it would be truly mine to spend as I wished I would go on vacation since I haven't had a real one for years. Taking Garbette up to college hardly qualifies as "fun" and "relaxing."
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

This is a quick reply before I change my mind.

I'd marry er' indoors. Poor things been waiting 14 years. :duck:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

garbsmj wrote:If it would be truly mine to spend as I wished I would go on vacation since I haven't had a real one for years. Taking Garbette up to college hardly qualifies as "fun" and "relaxing."
Agreed about hauling kids to college! Talk about work! :hairout:
Where would you like to go on vacation?

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

VegasNath wrote:This is a quick reply before I change my mind.

I'd marry er' indoors. Poor things been waiting 14 years. :duck:
:smile: Don't let er' see this post or you'll be in for it! By now you probably need a :chocciebar: for just thinking about it! :laugh:

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Obviously, World Peace...

But failing that I fancy a Spitfire (and flying lessons to go with it...) :vrooom:
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

jonwallace wrote:[...]But failing that I fancy a Spitfire (and flying lessons to go with it...) :vrooom:
Nice site. :smile:
Until then, though I guess you have seen plenty of them, a RR Merlin engine (sans the Supermarine, this time; this one is from a Lancaster, that crashed here 1943).

Mr Per Gillbrand shows one of his engines; he worked a long time at Saab as a drivetrain engineer, a genius, famous for among other things the turbocharged, four-cylinder engines used by Saab.

12-cyl, 27 Litre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMlvmWtaP6g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He tells some stories (in Swedish), the music begins at 5:36. :vrooom: :smile:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I think I might indulge in a high-end dedicated film scanner and a suitably large amount of HHD space to accommodate my slide collection.

Any spare cash left over would go on an equally over the top (compared to my modest actual requirements) digital SLR and associated lenses.

Ken

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

Skitterbug wrote:If you had some extra money around to spend as you wished, what would you buy?
Since the qualifier here is "spend as you wished", if good health for life were for sale, I'd spend my money there. Getting older and losing the vitality and good health of one's youth is probably the least enjoyable aspect of life. Nothing material seems to make that better.

I'll take health over wealth any day !!! :doctor:
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Two questions:

How much money?

Do I have 'er indoors' permission?

Since we're talking money then it can't be something like whirled peas, or perfect health, et al; thus making the choices easier.
With enough of das geld free, I'd probably buy a new vehicle with a great rep and all the latest electronics wizardry (think Merc with SATNAV, Bentley, Beamer, . . . ).

For a lot less geld, I'd probably go for a whiz-bang, small, but highly functional digital video recorder with the best lenses and electronics available. I'd like to make some decent videos. I'd also like a high end digital SLR.

And like Skitter, an iPad would be a nice toy, too. In fact, I've been thinking about one of those for a Christmas present for 'er indoors. (Where's the fingers on lips smiley when you need it? Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!)

Lastly, I'd probably buy the honkinest, biggest, fastest, hottest PC out there to do video editing and all the software to go along with it.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

StoneChucker
StarLounger

Post by StoneChucker »

I'd go for something a little less extravagant. I'd be looking to join the World of Apple 'fanatics', and purchase myself a 27" iMac, so that I can better see what I'm doing on a computer monitor (and not use Windows). I tested one out the other week, and boy oh boy, it's a sweet little ride!

Christopher

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

:whisper: Actually you can run windows on Macs, although not sure why anyone would want to ... :evilgrin:

Ailios
Lounger

Post by Ailios »

If there was enough money, I'd move to Anchorage. Been wanting to move north for a long while. Still plan to sooner than latter. Just not enough money yet. And of course there's the small matter of finding a new job...
Daisy

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Ailios wrote:If there was enough money, I'd move to Anchorage. Been wanting to move north for a long while. Still plan to sooner than latter. Just not enough money yet. And of course there's the small matter of finding a new job...
BRRRRR! I think Ohio is cold enough! But to each his own. It is interesting to see what people would want to do if finances were unlimited! I could add to my "wish list" but I'd run out of space! :laugh:

Thanks everyone for posting!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:If you had some extra money around to spend as you wished, what would you buy?
an extra pair of Hans.
He who plants a seed, plants life.