pedantic.obstreperous.reprobate

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

pedantic.obstreperous.reprobate

Post by Graeme »

pedantic.obstreperous.reprobate doesn't appear to be a place in w3w.

///pedantic.observers.relocate is a search result suggested though, so probably quite apt for an astronomer. It looks really dark in the middle of nowhere in the middle of Madagascar!

pedantic.observers.relocate.jpg

Cheers

Graeme
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: pedantic.obstreperous.reprobate

Post by John Gray »

Ah, Graeme, you have fallen for Chris' whimsical and esoteric sense of humour! :scratch:
He is referring to himself, not to any actual What3Words location! :innocent: :thumbup:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I thought he had been asked for 3 adjectives :fanfare: :fanfare: :flee: to describe me.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 18:59
I thought he had been asked for 3 adjectives :fanfare: :fanfare: :flee: to describe me.
Three
Would not.
Suffice(1)

Chris
(1) Although in your case, "Gray" might be a useful adjective.. :rofl: :laugh: :clapping: :cheers:
C
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

John Gray wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 09:14
Ah, Graeme, you have fallen for Chris' whimsical and esoteric sense of humour! :scratch:
He is referring to himself, not to any actual What3Words location! :innocent: :thumbup:

I did get it but wondered if there was such a w3w designation.

Then I found it strangely ironic that the suggested search result was an ideal place for an astronomer!

There is no whimsical.esoteric.humour either but whimsically.exotic.hummer near Kitchamambapuram, Andhra Pradesh, India is suggested!

What 3 words is a brilliant invention! We use it a lot at work to locate cleverly hidden Network Rail access gates. I wonder how many 3m squares there are over the surface of the earth and how many words are required to cover them all? :smile:

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Lord! How you guys do work me!
It's not my fault.
The IT department have messed things up
Again.
Untitled.png
Above is what your stupid W3W thinks our street looks like.
My house (well, the bank's house, actually) shows up as an ordinary garden-variety rectangle,
Untitled2.png
Whereas it is, as this cleverly-sketched plan shows, a fascinating bachelor cabin with corridors, guest room, laundry, study, bedroom, kitchen and porch.
But, I have just realized, after three years, no bathroom,
Untitled3.png
And here is what Google maps sees. A T-shaped cabin with a store (you probably call it a shed, (BobH calls it a garage)) that shields the street from my composting facility.
Your stupid W3W has changed its map source. When I updated the reference about two months ago, the reference was the square which held my little office/study.
I am still here.
I have not been blown by last night's winds (100+Km/hr) any where near Madagascar.
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle