walking beats working

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

walking beats working

Post by stuck »

Getting up when you want to on a Monday morning, having a leisurely breakfast and then going out for a walk under clear blues skies is much more fun than having to go to work.

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: walking beats working

Post by HansV »

Wonderful! It's been slate grey skies here for days now. :sad:
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Today was a welcome change. The fog on Saturday didn't lift all day and was so thick we could barely see as far as the field out the back of our house. Oh and the temperature didn't get above 0degC either. It was a bit clearer on Sunday but no warmer.

Ken

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Very nice picture, Ken. It doesn't look like it's January there though, more like July. I've just come in from clearing the snow off the driveway. We had a 25-30 cm dump overnight and it's still coming down. I took this picture out my front window to show a typical January day in my neck of the woods.

Must be nice taking a leisurely walk (without snow) on a Monday. Bank holiday?

IMG_0201.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

We've had lovely clear skies here in Outer London too
StuartR

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

PaulB wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 19:08
... We had a 25-30 cm dump overnight and it's still coming down.
So, Paul, do you have any idea where the snow will be heading when it gets bored with Ottawa?
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

It doesn't go anywhere, Chris. It's a permanent dark cloud that hangs over the city during the winter months. Except, of course, when there is a clear blue sky on those days when the temperature is minus 50°C.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

PaulB wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 21:59
It doesn't go anywhere, Chris. It's a permanent dark cloud that hangs over the city during the winter months. Except, of course, when there is a clear blue sky on those days when the temperature is minus 50°C.
Well, Paul, thank you for that good news. I was dreading the possibility that it might be headed my way
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

PaulB wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 19:08
...Must be nice taking a leisurely walk (without snow) on a Monday. Bank holiday?...
I took partial retirement at the end of Sept 2021, making every Friday and Monday a 'holiday' for me. However, one thing and another means this Monday (17 (Jan 2022) was the first Monday that truly felt like a 'holiday' Monday.

As for snow, my location hasn't not seen any significant snowfall for several years now. The clear blue sky in the photo may suggest warmth but at best the temperature was about 3degC.

Ken
Last edited by stuck on 18 Jan 2022, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

A light jog in the snow at night can be nice as well

Post by Doc.AElstein »

I tend to defer my indulgence in the nature just now to a light jog every night along some old disserted rail tracks up in the Bavarian Hills. We have had periods of just a very light covering of snow which can often make things look the most beautiful.
Some of those little jogs on a still moonlit night can be really lovely, often the highlight of the day

Making nice pictures at night isn’t one of my good abilities; some of the day time pics just now can be very beautiful also.
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I took partial retirement at the end of Sept 2021, making every Friday and Monday a 'holiday' for me. However, one thing and another means this Monday (17 (Jan 20222) was the first Monday that truly felt like a 'holiday' Monday.

Ken
Hmm, I always assumed that this forum was in real time but now I see that its 'back to the future' in 20222 :evilgrin:
Nice shot Ken
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Shhh... Ken wasn't supposed to let out the secret!
Best wishes,
Hans

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Re: walking beats working, Time travel is cool, also, but can screw up account registrations!

Post by DocAElstein »

I thought something was a bit strange about Ken when I met him next year, .. oops.

(By the way, it’s finally hit me now, not being able to log in on my main computer using the old account. – Maybe I haven’t made the previous account yet… :) )

( Alan )
Last edited by DocAElstein on 18 Jan 2022, 16:11, edited 2 times in total.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

I took partial retirement….
This will no doubt lead to a prodigious increase in your photographic output! I look forward to enjoying more of your work.

Savor your lack of snow. Official reports indicate that we got 47 cm of snow yesterday, an all-time record for January 17.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Doc,

S1063.png

I would have expected it to read
Last edited by DocAElstein on 18-Jan-2052 17:11, edited 2 times in total.
Best wishes,
Hans

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

:) :smile:
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(