Where are John Cleese and Michael Palin when you really need them?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Where are John Cleese and Michael Palin when you really need them?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I refer, of course, to the first 2m30s of the interviews here.
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Re: Where are John Cleese and Michael Palin when you really need them?

Post by GeoffW »

"Nothing can go wrong".

It didn't that day, however, I was in the crowd in 1997 when a controlled implosion went wrong. Debris went in many places where it shouldn't. A number of people were injured, and a 12 year old girl was killed. There were people in boats close by who had debris raining down in the water around.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_C ... _implosion

I didn't realise that things had gone wrong until I saw it on the news later. The only thing that indicated a problem was the sound of sirens.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Where are John Cleese and Michael Palin when you really need them?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

GeoffW wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 19:50
"Nothing can go wrong".
I flinched a bit when he said that. A competent engineer, I am sure, but don't things like that come back to haunt us!
It didn't that day, however, I was in the crowd in 1997 when a controlled implosion went wrong. Debris went in many places where it shouldn't. A number of people were injured, and a 12 year old girl was killed. There were people in boats close by who had debris raining down in the water around.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_C ... _implosion
Fascinating. I am now wreaking my brain trying to work out what I was doing in July 1997 that I missed that. Of course, back then there were not podcast news from Australia, but still - it can't have made the press in Toronto.
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle