Ithaca New York State - what to do there?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Ithaca New York State - what to do there?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I am returning to Ithaca NY for a day or two. It is about 7 hours drive (for me) from Toronto, so drive down one day, spend two nights and drive back the next day.

Suggestions welcome.

I spent about 3 hours there three years ago. There is a pedestrian mall at (I think) the intersection Cayuga/State.
There be bookstores there!

What else might be suitable for a sedentary couple, non-hikers, non-joggers, to see/do nearby?

Also recommendations for Bed & Breakfast accommodation welcome; especially the sort that serves tea and toast.

We will probably pop in to Chef's Diner in Montour Falls on the way down and/or back.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

steveh
SilverLounger

Re: Ithaca New York State - what to do there?

Post by steveh »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I am returning to Ithaca NY for a day or two. It is about 7 hours drive (for me) from Toronto, so drive down one day, spend two nights and drive back the next day.

Suggestions welcome.

I spent about 3 hours there three years ago. There is a pedestrian mall at (I think) the intersection Cayuga/State.
There be bookstores there!

What else might be suitable for a sedentary couple, non-hikers, non-joggers, to see/do nearby?
Also recommendations for Bed & Breakfast accommodation welcome; especially the sort that serves tea and toast.

We will probably pop in to Chef's Diner in Montour Falls on the way down and/or back.
"Sedantary" I recall a post not so long ago about your legandary prowess with a canoe, I would expect nothing less of you than a canoe trip across Lake Ontario to St. Catarines wherupon you could pick up the Eyrie Canal followed by a short trek to Cayuga Lake upon which Ithaca is located.

That should help you sleep and have no requirement for other entertainment on the trip!!
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

steveh wrote:"Sedentary" I recall a post not so long ago about your legendary prowess with a canoe, ...
Quite so!
One SITS DOWN in a canoe .....
He who plants a seed, plants life.

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

The difference between a Canadian and a Canoe?
Spoiler
Well, a canoe tips ...

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

No canoodling, please!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...