Hans at 70

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Hans at 70

Post by Doc.AElstein »

http://i.imgur.com/CLBnCKW.jpg
Hans At 70.JPG

:trophy: Congratulations to the 70th Hans :trophy:

( I almost missed it – you passed through that number in between me shovel-fulls of snow, clearing the path after our record snow fall last night :snow: ).

I never caught anyone passing 70, 000 before.
I joined in the celebrations for the 40th of a few people, noticed a 50th or two , and even once caught someone as they passed the 60th. But 70,000 is a rarity I haven’t seen yet.

I think it would make me a bit nervous reaching such great dazzling heights, . - Reaching a level rarely known, if at all known , to mankind, - there may be some yet unknown psychotic illness that only occurs at such high levels of posting: - maybe some unknown illness to which they don’t yet have any cure…

:)

Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also

HansV
Administrator

Re: Hans at 70

Post by HansV »

Thank you, Alan! I thought for a moment you meant my 70th birthday (which is a bit more than a year away)... :grin:

70,000 ain't nothing - check out this guy on the MSDN forums:

S0102.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

HansV wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 12:12
...check out this guy on the MSDN forums:
I thought for one moment that was our friend Leonardo... :laugh:
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Leif wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 12:40
I thought for one moment that was our friend Leonardo... :laugh:
:hairout:
Best wishes,
Hans

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

Sounds like one of his names, maybe he just left the glasses off and had a Moustache for that pic,
https://www.experts-exchange.com/member ... ngh-1.html

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Leandro Tuttini HELPS people instead of being totally helpless!
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Let me be the first to wish you a happy 70th birthday for next year Hans.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks, Stuart! :smile:

:whisper: And the same to you in three years!
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

FWIW, Hans had over 90K posts in the various incarnations of Woody's/Windows Secrets Lounge. Very prolific and extremely helpful.

Enjoy your 70th IRL. Celebrate as best you can in this crazy time.
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks, Joe!
Best wishes,
Hans

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

Hans,

Congratulations on reaching a milestone.

It would be interesting to see how many posts you have made from various websites?
Regards,
John

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Do you really want to know? It's embarrassing!
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Congrats Hans. The sum total of your posts is just a testament of the value and support you give on the web. There are MANY persons out there who rely on your insightful answers and who have a measure of reassurance with your online presence. I think the slogan in my signature is very apt for you in particular. 🥂
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

:thankyou:
Best wishes,
Hans

adeel1
3StarLounger

Post by adeel1 »

Congtrx HansV sir,

its seems your aren't much active in MSDN forum in these days.

Adeel
Capture.PNG

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks!

Microsoft has made the Office and VBA related forums on MSDN and Technet read-only in January of this year. We can view existing topics, but not reply to them, nor post new topics. Hence my lack of activity there.
Best wishes,
Hans

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

JoeP wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 20:00
.. Hans had over 90K posts in the various incarnations of Woody's/Windows Secrets Lounge. Very prolific and extremely helpful.
Rudi wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 05:24
.. are MANY persons out there who rely on your insightful answers and who have a measure of reassurance with your online presence.
Wow, a vast quantity of knowledge Hans must have shared around the place. It’s hard to imagine such a high amount of help giving. The time it takes me to answer some Threads it would take me a few life times to get that far.

I thought I once got some useful info from a post after a search that landed at a site with a name along the lines of “windows.secrets” or whatever. ( It was a post that had both Hans and Stuart in it, as I recall. ( https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php ... 95#p202395 ) ). I think that forum seems to have vanished??… , some links I had just go to https://www.askwoody.com/ instead ?!?? I am not quite sure what’s going on there, - I have not found much info about all that.
It’s unfortunate when a forum just vanishes. It seems a bit mean on people that may have contributed a lot: I had some contact a while back to an owner of a major forum who hinted that the place might just “vanish without trace” in a year or so. – it was nothing but trouble to him and selling the place legally was awkward, apparently. He thought of making it “read only” and/if me and a few others helped him trim 99% of the crap out of it. I didn’t feel like helping him do that at the time, some people I knew were/ are very involved with the forum, and it seemed a bit mean to effectively kill them off without warning,… although it was very tempting to help effectively ban the entire Moderator team with one swipe!

I have found web.archive.org very good for blog sites that vanish – usually you can get perfect copies of most stuff there.
But it’s less effective for posts in a main forum unless your are lucky.

The digital world, or internet world, is perhaps not such a reliable long term source as it should be.. Or it is getting so full that google is becoming less of your friend, - the search engines less able to apply the sensible human understanding to filter out the 1% of useful info amongst the 99% of crap in the internet

In any case, I am old fashioned, I think the person behind the answers is the most important resource , IMO, especially if they are nice people, which can happen sometimes as well, they’re not all unpleasant anti social people hiding from the real world!
I truly wish people like Hans the health and longevity that both: they deserves ; and which would be a great benefit for everyone else. ( although the world can probably do without a lot of the main forum Moderators, IMO …. )
Alan

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Hans, Thanks!

Any congratulations that I could offer pale in significance to the Thanks.
(I too was worried about the Birthday-years interpretation; I know that you are significantly younger than me; or I, depending on one's view of grammar)!
Thanks, and thanks again.
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Doc.AElstein wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 11:44
I thought I once got some useful info from a post after a search that landed at a site with a name along the lines of “windows.secrets” or whatever. ( It was a post that had both Hans and Stuart in it, as I recall. ( https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php ... 95#p202395 ) ). I think that forum seems to have vanished??… , some links I had just go to https://www.askwoody.com/ instead ?!?? I am not quite sure what’s going on there
WindowsSecrets changed owners several times, and the last owner lost interest after experiencing serious technical problems. They gave the WindowsSecrets Lounge database and subscriber list back to Woody Leonhard, who had been the owner of Woody's Lounge before he sold it to WindowSecrets.
The WindowsSecrets Lounge was (more or less) integrated into the already existing AskWoody Lounge, and the WindowsSecrets Newsletter is now the AskWoody Newsletter.

Woody himself retired from AskWoody in late 2020; AskWoody is now run by Susan Bradley.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 12:22
Hans, Thanks!
Thank you, Chris!

(From Wageningen with snow to Bonavista with snow)
Best wishes,
Hans