New Business Venture

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Re: New Business Venture

Post by GeoffW »

BobH wrote:Re-reading this thread, I realized that I missed one of the names mentioned - Taco Waco. I realize that the second word is probably intended for pronunciation with the same 'A' sound as in 'taco', but - since I live so close to Waco, Texas, I must point out that the city name is pronounced "way΄ koh". I don't think that the name has been used by any of the countless Tex-Mex restaurants in that city.
I always thought that it was pronounced Wacko. It became known to the world after that sect siege.

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

StuartR wrote:
GeoffW wrote:...Of course I have the job of tasting, and of eating leftovers. A tough job, I know, but...
If you need any assistance then let me know and I will send you an email with my home address.
You are welcome to drop by.

It really is a case of- what my wife sells, I get at home for free.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

So what is the address of this place, Geoff, so I can check it out on Google maps?

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Bigaldoc wrote:So what is the address of this place, Geoff, so I can check it out on Google maps?
Try Google! - foursquare :: Taco Way Mexican Food :: Kingston, ACT
Leif

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Nicely picked up Leif.

But you won't find it on street view. It's an indoor market. Inside an old bus depot actually.

I should post pix sometime. But I need to take some first.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

You have a depot for old buses? :smile:
Leif

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Of course they do Leif.

They have to go somewhere!

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

That sounds pretty terminal.
Leif

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

My curiosity about maps was piqued wondering how far APART the Subway and the Taco place are. Looks like on the order of 18 kilometers. If you live somewhere in between, it would save a little driving every day.

Anyway, good luck to BOTH ventures. Of course, you're an old hand at the sandwich business by now. Which reminds me, I haven't visited mine for awhile. Good lunch for a quiet Saturday.

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Bigaldoc wrote:My curiosity about maps was piqued wondering how far APART the Subway and the Taco place are. Looks like on the order of 18 kilometers. If you live somewhere in between, it would save a little driving
Actually we live in Queanbeyan. That's about 30km from the Subway stores.

That's a pretty easy drive in Canberra. The roads are wide and the city isn't that big- it takes about half an hour most days- maybe 45 minutes during morning peak hour. So not too bad at all.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

GeoffW wrote:
BobH wrote:Re-reading this thread, I realized that I missed one of the names mentioned - Taco Waco. I realize that the second word is probably intended for pronunciation with the same 'A' sound as in 'taco', but - since I live so close to Waco, Texas, I must point out that the city name is pronounced "way΄ koh". I don't think that the name has been used by any of the countless Tex-Mex restaurants in that city.
I always thought that it was pronounced Wacko. It became known to the world after that sect siege.
Unfortunately, the siege was played in the media as a group of nutcases who were planning civil disturbances. Nothing could be further from the truth. While they had some pretty far out views and life-style practices, the siege was entirely the fault of the ATF. I know some of the local law enforcement officials personally and the entire situation could have been defused if the government had not acted so heavy-handedly (just to shed a little light on the subject without an axe to grind nor a dog in the fight).
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Leif wrote:That sounds pretty terminal.
It's where exhausted buses go.
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Geoff's venture has encouraged something vaguely similar in Sidney, NW Ohio!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

rettingr
StarLounger

Post by rettingr »

Goshute wrote:
Leif wrote:That sounds pretty terminal.
It's where exhausted buses go.
Do they bring them back after they are 'Re-Tired'?
Randy