Elvis Aaron Presley

Claude
cheese lizard

Elvis Aaron Presley

Post by Claude »

Left 40 years ago today, despite some people apparently having spotted him at a later date. :thinks:
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Elvis Aaron Presley

Post by Rudi »

His rock has still not gathered any moss AFAIK.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Claude wrote:Left 40 years ago today, despite some people apparently having spotted him at a later date. :thinks:
He was here last month.
(That's why i waited until August to come here ...)
(signed) "Still Levitating" of Collingwood.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I believe he spelled his middle name "Aron." Check me here.

He's been gone longer than he was known. How long do you suppose it will be before all those who remember his persona die off and his fame dies?

I actually saw him perform in 1954 or -55. He was a minor act in an old-fashioned rock and roll show in my hometown's memorial auditorium. To augment income while he was in town, he took the gig of performing at what we used to call Saturday night 'midnight shows' or late shows that started after regular scheduled films had been shown for the last time that day. He performed with a cheap amp, a drummer and a base guitar player. If anyone else was on stage, I don't remember it.

I thought he was a no-talent greaseball, but what did I know at 13 or even at 75?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016