printer

kaleesa
NewLounger

printer

Post by kaleesa »

What is the best home color printer for photos? I have purchased soooo many color printers. The last was a Kodak color all in one printer but the photo quality is so poor. What is the best (and affordable) color printer for the amateur photographer, home user?

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: printer

Post by Bigaldoc »

Wow, this is an "almost impossible to answer" question, since it depends not only on "science and technology" but YOUR perception of what's acceptable quality color.

If Kodak didn't "do it" for you the only thing I would dare say is that I've used the HP printer line for a number of years and I would think that they would have something up your alley. Bottom line is that I hardly ever print photos, so I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject. Sorry...

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I generally find you get the best quality photos, for the lowest price, by uploading to a site like Snapfish and letting them print the pictures for you.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Al is right, this is an almost impossible to answer question.

I've had a HP Photosmart P1100 for many years and have no complaints but I don't print many photos.

If I were shopping for a new printer I start by reading current reviews. In the UK a good starting point is the PC PRO magazine A-List.

Ken

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

We have a HP Deskjet 1220c and we use nothing but HP ink and P photo paper when printing photos.
It will handle up to 11x17 paper and works real well. It is shared across a network and used by both XP and Windows 7 machines. It is connected to a Windows 7 Home Premium machine.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I've found that on those rare occasions when I want to print a photo, it is easiest by far to take the memory card from the camera to a photo kiosk at the local discount store or pharmacy and use the software on their equipment to crop and correct. The image is then printed on professional equipment and renders superb photos. The costs might be prohibitive if lots of copies or lots of photos were done in this manner, but I find that I share fewer printed photos and many, many more in digital format; so the costs of a quality printer could never be justified in my case.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs