Frustrating mysterious problem printing blues on CP2025dn

kdock
5StarLounger

Frustrating mysterious problem printing blues on CP2025dn

Post by kdock »

My HP CP2025 is rendering almost all blues the same -- with a somewhat cyan-heavy hand. No matter how I adjust the color in my programs, the color comes out looking the same.

I've tried many things. I've color calibrated four times in succession, cycled power on the printer, turned the printer off an unplugged it for several minutes, and adjusted color until I'm cyan in the face -- no matter what blue I choose (ok, within a range, but one I would consider wide and easily perceptible on a monitor), it seems as if it snaps to this vaguely greenish blue when printing -- even when there is no green in the RGB setting. I've printed from Illustrator and Word -- no different from each other. Again, my monitor and the programs display all these blues distinctly differently, but the printer renders them so similarly that they might as well be the same color.

Yes, I know my printer is a CMYK printer, but it didn't help if I created a graphic with a CMYK profile. And according to HP, sRGB is an agreed upon standard for printing to their printers.

This has happened to me in the dim past with a different HP printer, and as I recall at some point it just started rendering properly again. I HATE THAT! Nor do I have the time for this one to come around to my way of rendering blue.

Does anyone out there have any good suggestions for addressing this?
THANK YOU! Kim :hairout:
"Hmm. What does this button do?" Said everyone before being ejected from a car, blown up, or deleting all the data from the mainframe.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Frustrating mysterious problem printing blues on CP2025d

Post by Rudi »

I know it sounds cliché, but are you running on the latest print driver?
See if updating your print driver does anything to resolve. Download here for your appropriate OS.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.